11.19.2010

WHAT?

Hey Josh could you help me out with something?. . . JOSH!
WHAT?
Could you help me out with something?
WHAT?
Hey, did you know you're yelling?
WHAT?
STOP YELLING! {Finally motion for him to take out his ear buds}
WHAT? . . . I can't hear past my iPod
....exactly!

Oh the joy of teaching a nine year old technology etiquette! Not quite sure if I'm totally happy that he won this fun piece of technology.



I've never owned one...what are some good etiquette rules?

3 comments:

Jill said...

I think it should be a privilege and a reward earned....For me, it's a no no at the table, or during any time that's devoted to family or study...even for us!!

Teachinfourth said...

There is a time and place for technology…I would also maybe use a set of earbuds and when he talks to you, act like you can't hear him or yourself and 'shout' as well. This might get him to hear how it really sounds for others...

Doug & April said...

HAHAHA!! I love that he's yelling, I remember doing that. I wear headsets at work sometimes and feel like I'm yelling although I know better.