So I don't even remember when I first read this, but I saved it and every once in a while I pull it up and read it. My cousin Kelly wrote this in her blog one day. She has such an amazing perspective on life...when I grow up I want to be just like her.
Let go of anything and everything that makes you feel worthless, stumped, or not-(good)-enough. YOU ARE special. YOU ARE worth something. YOU ARE beautiful. YOU DO have something to offer! Trust in God, and keep moving forward. Everything always works out just as it should. A lot of things we worry about really don't need worrying over. Replace worry with faith. Stand up straight. Make eye contact. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. You are human, therefore, you are capable of accomplishing what your heroes have accomplished. Everything is possible. Why NOT believe that?
Confident people don't think they're better than others. They don't compare. They believe in themselves & believe in the potential of others. Confidence renders understanding and an open-mind. People who obtain this gift are naturally more inclined to be accepting, because it isn't a competition. We soon realize that we aren't in competition with those around us, but with ourselves. Compare yourself to yourself, and IMPROVE. The power is in YOU. You can be who you want to be. This doesn't mean being ignorant to your weaknesses, rather, figuring out ways to overcome them and make them your strengths. Listening to others and being open to advice... being open to change.
I'm pretty sure there was more to this post...but this is the part I need to hear often!
Thanks Kelly!
2 comments:
Oh, Rhoda!! I'm so touched. Wow. Thank you. That means so much! Love ya, cuz :)
Yeah...Awesome. Thanks for sharing it! (And you are sure right about how inspirational Kelly is...She's Da Bomb!)
Post a Comment