11.03.2010

Jack-O-Lanters

I found this cool craft idea from a friends blog of mine a year ago. So believe it or not, I've been saving my glass jars for a YEAR just so I could do this activity. Finally we were able to make them. I tried it out first on my cubs! Cause that's how I am.

Modge Podge, tissue paper and a glass jar! I heard a few "this is fun" comments from the boys, so I think it was a sucess. Although we had a few boys forget to put the glue on the ENTIRE jar first so the bottom layer of tissure paper was bubbly....it was easy and fast to rip it off and start over. It also didn't matter if the tissue paper tore a little, it just added charater to the pumpkin. Although one thing that I didn't remember was to put something on my counter top to protect it from modge podge handeling 8 & 9 year olds! Eeeekk!

I had to check on my kids up stairs real quick and as I was coming back down I looked into the kitchen and noticed my 9 cub scouts, diligiently working away...of course that is until they saw me!After the sucess at cub scouts, my sister called to see if she could arrange a cousin sleep over...so I saved the rest of the bottles and supplies for that night. I thought I had gotten some pictures of our family putting jar pumpkins together but I realized now that it was Verlene's camera and I didn't get a chance to copy her card before she left. bummer! But I think they had fun too. Here are the jar pumpking on Halloween night with an LED candle inside! I think they turned out very cute!

I've got a few extra jars, I'm trying to come up with a Thanksgiving or Christmas craft, any ideas?


1 comment:

Doug & April said...

I've been reading and not commenting, so here we go:

I love the cupcakes, your strange little man, your name, candy story, dry ice contraption, firemen story and the jack-o-lanters.

I will also admit I have a post to put up about all the candy we bought and taking out everything we wouldn't eat to give it out first. LOL