This past month in Cub Scouts we were learning about citizenship. We talked about what it meant to be a good citizen of the country, state, city, and neighborhood. During our discussion we concluded that one of the key characteristics of someone with good citizenship is getting involved and doing service.
We decided...well I decided, that for this month that the boys should do some sort of service project. To make a long story short....Plan C: Last minute switch (darn leaves still stuck to the trees and snow in the forecast) I decided to let the boys make pumpkin cookies and deliver them to a few people in our neighborhood who have shown amazing citizenship and service. They even got to choose who they were going to take them to. They were great deciding which people they would like to deliver to and I was happy to hear that they agreed with each other 100%! That part was great! The part that sucked was the HUGE mess they left through out my ENTIRE house! Grrrrr!
No seriously an hour of TEN crazy, wild, uncontrollable, eight and nine year old boys--EVERY WEEK!! Some days after cub scouts I pat myself on the back with a great big smile...other times I pat myself on the back grateful that the boys were still alive when they left my house!

No comments:
Post a Comment