So you may remember last year me talking about the
100 milk cartons that my husband let me try....we got a lot of compliments on it so we're doing it again!

With a few slight alterations. Last year we had them lining the sidewalk and drive way...just like real gum drops would be on a gingerbread house. After the first snowfall we realized what a pain in the BUTT it is to shovel the snow! We had to pick up and toss every shovel full of snow into the middle of the yard! Dumb. So this year we decided to line them up against our flower bed curbing.

We also decided to plug half of the lights into a different electrical socket...therefore different breaker. No more light shows this year (hopefully).
It took mom and dad a good part of the afternoon getting all the lights strung up, and the kids even helped by putting the milk jugs into place. Although it took just as long hanging the lights on the house as it did filling up the milk jugs full of water! After taking so long it's only fair that the kids (and mom!) get to see them all "lit-up" in the dark. Rusty was so excited...he kept saying, "aren't they just beautiful?" Pretty cute coming from a two year old.
Dad, Wes, Mily and Josh, checking out the lights.

Mom and Rusty admiring them too!

I thought it was funny that the two cars that drove by while our lights were on drove past really slow! I don't know, but maybe it had something to do with the giant glowing snake!

Fun times!
By the way, our lights won't officially turn on until after Thanksgiving weekend.
3 comments:
Ooolala, so creative! And fun!! When I have a house, I want to gingerbread-ify it! :)
I love this idea! Your house looks so good. :)
Whooda thunk that milk cartons could be so aesthetically pleasing?
Post a Comment