Voila...instant favorite den leader (until the boys start riding their scooters in your flower bed, then you loose the title again!) What do you do?
11.01.2010
As far as Cub Scouts go...I rock!
Although I can't take all the credit by a long shot. This was a very fun den meeting. First of all I got the idea from Round table, Cub Scout leader training, where they showed us some gadgets that the boys would love to play with. I came home handed the paper to my husband and basically said...make this happen!
It's so cool, it's a dry ice bubble machine! The whole family went on a trip to the Home Depot and bought all the parts and then Shawn came home right away and put it together. The idea is to have it able to break apart, you give each Cub a part and have them figure out how to put it together (team work/cooperation).
The day before our den meeting I grabbed some dry ice to try it out...it worked! The interesting thing is, that a few minutes before den meeting the next day I went to pull out my dry ice and it was gone...it was like magic! CURSES! Of course Shawn swooped in and saved the day. He ran over to the store and bought us more dry ice and then ran back to work for a meeting that he was suppose to be in! My husband ROCKS!
The boys LOVED it, it turned out great! After they left, I knew better than to put the extra dry ice back in the freezer...so we added more to our machine and kept on playing!

Talk about FUN! You should make one! You can tell by just looking at the pictures what parts you would have to buy in order to make it....although if you decide to make one, call me first. the long tube thing in the middle only comes in like 10 feet or something, so we have some extra! The only other thing you need is a good chunk of dry ice about the same size as your fist, you put it in the bottom of the machine and then you add a some warm water. The original paper work I had (sorry can't find it anymore, I don't know if there was a web-site that it linked up to?) also gave instructions on how to make some bubble solution, but the bubbles from the store work just fine. You put the bubbles in a wide shallow bowl and dip the nozzle in the solution!
Voila...instant favorite den leader (until the boys start riding their scooters in your flower bed, then you loose the title again!) What do you do?
Voila...instant favorite den leader (until the boys start riding their scooters in your flower bed, then you loose the title again!) What do you do?
Labels:
cubs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow...So cool! That's awesome. See? You really do rock!
Post a Comment