10.20.2010

The wall of PRAYER!

As some of you know, we had a pretty scary wild fire here in Utah about a month ago. Thousands of homes were evacuated and families only had a few minutes to pack up any precious belongings before running for their lives. One of those homes evacuated was my husbands sister Tiffany and her family! For their story told by my amazing SIL...click here!


I have now heard/read two accounts from some "behind the scene" stories of the command post and emergency control centers from this fire. This truly was a miracle! I was talking to someone who had been at the dispatch center and from the calls and information coming in, he was positive there were at least a dozen homes destroyed...talk about shock when the final numbers came in at only 3! I also read an account from one of our local politicians Carl Wimmer who lives in the area, I was most impressed to hear that in a moment of crisis and complete chaos, they took time to kneel down and pray for a miracle! Really, I guess that's all they had left! This is a quote from his account, "It would be less than 12 hours later when we discovered just how powerfully Gods hand moved this night." ~ Carl Wimmer

In talking to my Brother-in-Law Lee about how close this destructive fire came to all the homes, and how the fire seemed to stop within FEET of most of the homes, he described it as The Wall of Prayer! It's the perfect description!

I was headed over to Tiff's house to help out with a party we were putting together and decided to take the opprotunity to take some pictures of the "wall" ...you can SEE it!The fire burnt the entire mountain, the wind was crazy and the fire was totally out of control...how did it only burn three houses and not three hundred? This is heading up Tiff's street
Looking from her driveway up the mountain side. No fire trucks ever made it to this street...so what stopped the fire?This is the view from the side yard. They could see the fire crest this hill before they left! Tiff said that she took 17 steps from her property and was on charred ground.From Tiff's kitchen window! Can you imagine seeing that roaring monster coming down the mountain?Now check this out! How can you explain this? The fire was completely surrounding all these homes! I know the fire fighters had a lot to do with saving all these homes, but still Fire is Fire, you can only control so much.Now look a couple hundred yards to the west....SO sad, one of the burnt homes, with only the chimney left.I thought this was amazing, the three red dots show the houses that were burned....Tiff's house is BETWEEN those dots!I can't think of a better way to describe what happened during the fire that night...there had to have been a wall of prayer!

We're so glad your safe guys and only had to deal with smoke damage (and what a yucky smell that is! Whoa!)

No comments: