10.14.2010

Boys and the zoo

Our last ditch effort at summer fun was between the time the older kids going to school and Wesley's first day of kindergarten. I decided to do something fun while I only had the two younger boys. After the older kids had gone to school and the younger ones were dressed and fed we headed to the zoo. It was the strangest, yet neatest trip we've ever taken there. First of all we've never been to the zoo without a stroller...well at least not on purpose! I didn't even have a diaper bag or a purse. I just grabbed my zoo pass, ID and credit card, slipped them into my back pocket and off we went. I let the boys choose where we were going and I tried my best to keep up with them. Of course the first place they chose to go was the play ground!Actually it was quite a smart choice...not many kids were there so early in the morning!Rusty is infatuated with crocodiles so was thrilled to play with such a big one.We walked around not having to worry about where to park the stroller and if our stuff would get stolen, we just went where ever we pleased.
Occasionally I pulled out my cell phone and took a picture if something looked especially cute! I was pretty proud of Rusty! I only had to hold him a few times, he walked 90% of the way! How crazy, I'm getting out of the baby stroller phase. We still use it occasionally if I actually want to walk faster than a snail around the block, but for the most part we are a total mobile family! Who'da thunk?

Sem-summer-fun: Hanging with they boyz and the tigers and lions and...oh wait there are no lions and bears anymore. :o(

No comments: