Sometimes laze summer afternoon's just call for...Ice cream!

On the trampoline? That certainly was not part of the deal, but it was cute anyway. As I was thinking about our summer coming to a close I realized that my kids never had the chance to sleep in a tent. What is summer without a camp-out? So since it was one of those days that I didn't know if Shawn would be coming home later or super later, I hurried and grabbed our little four-man tent and put it up in our backyard (Shawn--where are the instructions, do you know how long this took me to set up? Grr!!) It was easy! Then I put my four kids to bed...but the littlest one ended up coming inside to sleep, no big surprise there.

They had a great night and had fun sleeping all by themselves outside. The next morning we found the street being flooded. I guess the maintenance workers open the fire hydrant every once in a while? Does anyone know why they do that?

Oh well it was fun anyway.
So sad that summer is coming to a close. I was so grateful to have a longer summer than what we were expecting with our school going traditional. Call me crazy, but I love hanging out with my kids and playing with them. Although they are excited to go to school, they love it so much and are so looking forward to it.
Summer fun: Ice-cream, summer nights in a tent and water in the street!
2 comments:
Fun! I used to love it when the fire hydrants were opened.
I wish summer would come to a close here; it's about 95 degrees today!! ick. :)
What a great mom you are letting them sleep in a tent all by themselves. :) You have some lucky kids!
I've never heard of them letting the water out of the hydrants. Interesting.
Post a Comment