9.20.2010

Little City

We were stuck at home because one of our cars were in the shop and Shawn needed the other one to get to work. We've been stuck at home before, (on purpose even!) but being stuck at home when you had fun plans that day, really sucks! It. Was. So. Boring. After watching a movie, playing for a few minutes on the Wii and computer the kids and I were needing to break out of our house arrest and do something different. Finally I had an idea...with the cars both gone out of the garage and a box of chalk the kids and I created our own little city...the kids loved it! Do you remember doing this as a kid? The kids grabbed their skates, scooters and hot wheels and went zooming up down the streets of Rode-a-Land (get it?! Hahah!) We had a full functioning city with local law enforcement, Wal-Mart, Applebee's, the library, a gas station and even a park! We had everything! We even designated areas where each kid could build their homes. Wesley drew a temple and told me that's where he would want to live. What an angel!Believe it or not we had HOURS of fun! They even asked me to back out the van the next day so they could play with the little city again!As I was sitting in a chair eating my popsicle, acting as the "librarian" in our little city I looked up and laughed (again) at Shawn's creative idea for storing our milk jug/gum drop decorations. So I thought I would show you our milk jug "garland" for 10 months of the year!Speaking of which....we'll be putting these babies back out there in a month or so. We usually try and get Christmas lights up before the big winter storms...Eeeek, can't wait!

Summer time fun: Watching the kids use their imaginations and create an entire knew world...Priceless! Oh and I rock the library!

1 comment:

Tiffany McAlister said...

I did tons of this, but not cities. Ask Shawn...we used to draw usable houses...Couches, rooms, furnature, kitchens. All that stuff. Chalk is such a cheap, fun toy!