9.14.2010

Cousin or Friend

We've been lucky this summer to spend quite a bit of time with our cousins, especially those that we don't get to see very often. My kids started asking me if their friends were going to come over, well, actually their cousins were coming and I totally found myself finally saying " They are not your friends, they are your cousins!" Then I thought about what I just said...DUH! Of course they are your friends but they are also your cousins!

Here is one of the times we got to spend the whole day with some of our cousins!

Picnic on the lawn...most of the pictures I took had kids with mouths WIDE open!I love Belle's creative "under the leg" trick--That girl has got some talent!
Me: "Dax. What are you doing to your corn dog?" Dax: "Getting all the yucky stuff off, so that I could eat it!" Oh, Okay then...Time for a rest! Do you think they took one? Not a chance, it's too fun playing together.
I love having my nieces and nephews over for some fun. I think the only group of kids I didn't have come visit or spend the night are the three oldest nephews--they are too cool for their Aunt Rhoda! Just kidding, of course I'm kind of serious, dang my nephews are COOL! So we got to have Trina's kids hang out a few days. We've had Tiffany's kids over for a short visit (bummer we need to do more, you live the closest to us!) We had Hazen's family spend the night. {...Oh my GOSH! I have the funniest story to tell of my TALL Brother. It has something to do with a tiny shower and shower door not up to code! Another post...remind me!} We also had Richards family over for a few nights and even got to spend time at the zoo with them. It's been great to see so much of my family!

Summer fun activity: Spending time with our best (cousin) friends!

No comments: