Heber Valley YW girls camp is a great place to have a Family Reunion! First of all I love my family but honestly, one night is just perfect. My oldest sister, Yvonne the Saint, planned this last minute and did a fantastic job, as always! Since they host girls camp during the week, they only allow family reunions on Friday and Saturday. Although I think we're getting a great deal for running bathrooms and 3 cabins! We got there at 4pm on Friday and the kids were able to just go explore and play. My 6 foot tall nephew who by the way is, what? 14 years old, is being SUPER cool playing with people who were 3 feet tall!
The Tanner and Josh quickly found walking sticks and off they went exploring!
Most of the "growing ups" just sat around conversed and relaxed! You can see my mom and dad and Uncle Bear in this picture!So we finally headed out to walk around the cute little lake, it was a pretty easy hike and was very beautiful.
It was fun to have so many family members to giggle with, tease and torment as we went along!
The next few pictures were taken with my cell phone camera. Shawn and I split up to keep an eye on all our kids better and so I didn't have the camera. Since Shawn is not a big pictures taker (one of the big difference in our blogs!), I'm glad I at least had my cell phone!


Not too bad for a cell phone! The next picture was taking with my BiL's REALLY nice camera. My nephews commandeered it and were having a great time with it. They took a little longer on the walk! But I told you a few posts ago that they were pretty "cool"...see? Told ya! Scott (18) Ryan (14) Nathan (16).
Then there is Hazen, my pyromaniac brother and his son Tanner.
somethings never change!
Roasting marshmallows to make s'mores. Yvonne made me try roasting Starbursts...never heard of that before, but apparently they are all the rage at girls camp! Not going to lie...it was pretty good, but it won't replace my smores!
You can't really tell from this picture but after the boys saw the girls roasting starbursts they decided to try it with Bubble gum. That was lovely!
Afterwards they had more dessert...I know right? It looked so yummy that I grabbed my camera and took a picture of it and my sister Stephanie LAUGHED at me! She has not been converted to the ways of a blogger. So I had to include this picture, just for her!
Then off to bed. Joshua slept in the cool cabin with a few of his favorite cousins. Here he is on his top bunk showing me the huge jar of bubble gum he won from one of the games we played.
Wesley, also picked the top bunk and was VERY excited to go to bed in the "camping cabin."
Mily was so excited to be sleeping in the same cabin as a few of her GIRL cousins, in fact they were all on the top bunk so they both just had to sit up and they could chit chat with each other! Which of course she LOVED, she just loves to hang with and be one of the "girls" for a change. We were so happy that Richard's little family could come up, if it weren't for them Emily and Kylee would have been the only girl cousins. (Kylee and Emily are both the only girls in their families so sometimes they just need some extra girl time!)
Rusty...on the bottom bunk, not so excited about going to sleep in the weird cave like structure where he had gotten locked in.
Good morning Joshua!
I think it's so funny. You know when you have pretty long hair, you don't have really bad bed head...at least I don't. And if you have really short hair, it's not too bad either, but if you have his length of hair...holy cow!



Not too bad for a cell phone! The next picture was taking with my BiL's REALLY nice camera. My nephews commandeered it and were having a great time with it. They took a little longer on the walk! But I told you a few posts ago that they were pretty "cool"...see? Told ya! Scott (18) Ryan (14) Nathan (16).After lunch we went down to the lake for our scheduled boating trip.
Here is Josh and his cousin Tanner, they had the fastest paddle boat on the lake. Although let's be fair okay, they were riding quite a bit higher on the water compared to the rest of us!
Shawn and I after breaking down, while we were at the opposite end from the docks...of course.
My sister Trina her son Dax and my niece Kylee had such a relaxing ride that Dax just couldn't stay awake! (Sorry about cutting you off Kylee!)
My sister Verlene and my nephew Ryan. If you ask Ryan...he was the one doing most of the work in the canoe and so naturally he had to take a brake once in a while! Yeah...not sure I believe that one!
My sister Yvonne and my brother in law David.
Getting pulled back to the docks after Shawn broke the paddle boat....just kidding, they say it happens all the time! But still a little humiliating!
My brother Haze and my sister in law Stephanie. You can just see my nephew Kyle sitting in the middle!
I think it's funny that all of us have our cameras out and are taking pictures like mad!
You can actually see Wes, Mily and Rusty in this picture! They thought it was great fun and were a little bummed when we had to go back in after only playing on the lake for a little under and hour!
I noticed this amazing house just above the lake, apparently one of the missionaries that helps out with the lake have taken to calling it the great and spacious building! 
I noticed this amazing house just above the lake, apparently one of the missionaries that helps out with the lake have taken to calling it the great and spacious building! Such a wonderful reunion. Big thanks to all my family who helped out and came to hang out. My family is so amazing and wonderful. I love you guys!
Summer-time fun: chilling with the siblings!

2 comments:
Looks way fun. We had a reunion there too, but did the zip line instead of the boats. Darn those boys and locking the doors. Aiden has been doing that with the bathroom lately and I can't find the little doohicky that unlocks it. Luckily, he learned quick too.
That sounds like fun. I think we need to plan a family reunion next year, we haven't had one in a while. We talked about camping, how do you get the chance to use this???? Sorry to hear Rusty kept locking himself in... that would be hard. Poor kid!
Post a Comment