I have three kids in school! THREE! Although one of them is a kindergartner so he only goes half day, but still, can you believe it? This year started out kind of odd in that all three kids started on different days. The lucky child to have the first, "first" day...was my first child! Josh.
He is so excited to learn 3rd grade stuff! Especially cursive, he's been wanting to learn that for a few years now!
Don't you love his shoes! They came with two sets of shoe laces and when I asked him what color he wanted he said both! I like black the best, but he thinks it looks cool like this!
The next "First Day" of school happened the very next day. Mily is now in 1st grade We're hoping the teacher can keep her challenged since she is at a 2nd grade level in almost every subject except reading, she's at a fourth grade level! (What? No way! I don't know if I believe it, but that's what Mily said the teacher tested her into!)
She was SUPER excited to finally ride the bus in the morning with her brother! She gets to ride the bus to and from school this year!
And she has a best friend who is also her neighbor, that rides the bus with her, is in the same class and they also sit next to each other...for now, I already told the teacher that might be trouble!
Mily was so excited, she kept jumping up and down while waiting in line for the bus to come! Do you remember being so excited for school? Remember when that wore off! 
And finally a week later we had our LAST, "First day" of school!
Wesley is SO excited to be going to Kindergarten! Although I don't think he was quite as excited as Mily when she started Kindergarten or Josh when he started first grade! (Wow, I've been blogging for a while now!) Although Wes certainly was excited!
Here is a look at Wesley's homework that was due on the first day of class! He did a great job picking out everything for little Wes! The only thing that I laugh at is that he picked this "cool" material to use for his shirt and when I asked him if he liked the Broncos he said, "Who are the Broncos? Football? Yeah I guess it's okay!" Lol! Looks just like him, don't ya think!
We drove to school and did the traditional "in front of school" pictures! He was eating up all the attention end excitement! (Apparently blogger thinks this is an important paragraph because it's underlined and I can't get it to come off! Lol!)

I found out there is a PM kindergarten bus! Hallelujah! I don't have to drive to school every day this year!
They had all the kids line up along the wall and then wave to the parents. I think they do that so the 28 parents with camera's can have one more good shot before the kids go into class. Although the two pictures I got while they were waving, one was really blurry (dumb camera) and the second one a mom walked right in front as I took the picture...darn.
Then Wes walked into class without even a backward glance at him mom!
So the shock of having three kids in school is starting to become a reality. However, the flip side to that is also kind of shocking...I have ONE kid at home during the day...ONE! (again, only for half day, but still...)
I haven't had one kid home in a LONG time. I was doing Day Care a few months before Josh was born and then for at least five years after....so I've had a home FULL of kids for almost 9 years! What do you do with one kid?
Now that I have a little more free time, my blogging break is officially over. I will be doing a re-cap of our summer-time fun! It might take a while, so if it's October and there are kids trick-or-treating, and I'm still blogging about the hot summer sun, you'll have to forgive me! I might make an exception and throw some recent things in there, but I'm going to try to keep it in order.
Stay tuned, the summer recap is about to begin!
Can't believe three of my babies are grown up and going to school!

3 comments:
I'm all about having just one day of first days…
They all did look pretty excited, though. Hope you can survive it when you have 4 first days sometime in the future...
Very cute! They sure look ready to go!
That is so exciting! What do you do with one kid? Send him over to me so the boys can play and you can have some "me" time.
Post a Comment