11.23.2011

Snow n' things

We got a good snow fall just after Halloween and the kids were begging to go outside and play in the snow.  They all helped each other make a snowman...although by the time mom was ready to go outside to take a picture, the boys had all gone inside.  Mily was happy to stay outside playing for a little while longer....that girl does not have a problem with the cold like her mom does!
 Poor Rusty has to be home all day with no one to play with but mom!  Luckily for him we were able to come up with a schedule for a play date with his best friend.  I can't even begin to tell you how much these two like each other...it is so cute!  Now don't get me wrong, if they touch the wrong toy or cross each others line, there will be some words exchanged...but it doesn't take long before they forgive and get back to playing! They are true friend.
 Shawn came up to me and asked if there were anyway he could get the pictures changed out in the frames that he takes to work.  He showed me what pictures were still in them....HOLY COW!  Those are OLD pictures...Poor Rusty wasn't even born yet!   Yes, you need some new pictures.
Although I kind of hate to take his one down, it was one of my favorite, we gave it to him on Father's day one year.
 But I did change them out, although I didn't take pictures of what they look like now, just check out some of the "good" pictures on this blog and you can probably guess what I used!

I asked my kids to enter Reflections this year the theme was Diversity and two of my kids actually did it.  I thought their projects both turned out really well.

Josh did his on having a diverse opportunity to pick a career.  Then he went around to various places where he could have a job one day and took pictures of himself doing them. 
He went to his pediatricians office and they let him take over a patient room and even let him hold the otoscope, to look like a "doctor." He also has a picture where he put on a shirt and tie and took a picture in front of his classroom being a "teacher."  Over to his dad's work (with three monitors!!!  Really do you need THREE?)  To portray being a computer geek, I mean computer programmer.  Then over to Arctic Circle to work fast food (yeah he shoots for the stars, but this project has to be totally his and that's what he picked!)  Then over to Reams, they were really cute with him, they let him wear a real apron and actually bag some guys groceries.  Although instead of taking the picture himself like he did in all the other (the picture on the bottom was a timer) the manager wanted to take the picture...so we let him! 

Mily also did a great job.  She came up with the idea all on her own. "It doesn't matter what country you're from!"  She wanted to make a paper doll chain so we googled how to make one (no, I didn't already know).  Then she cut it out and made them all unique and diverse. 
If I'm remembering right, the gal furthest to the left is American, the next gal...Antarctica  (yup, I'm sure you could tell that right away!). Then the next gal is from Africa and then on to Switzerland, except this gal has Cancer so she is wearing a scarf on her head (Remember this is all from Mily). Then the next one is from Japan and finally our last paper doll girl is from Mexico, to honor our Uncle who is serving a mission there.

I think they both did a great job!  I guess we'll see at the Reflections assembly.



1 comment:

Steph H said...

Creative kids! And I love the "Dad" pictures with the letters... I may have to steal that some time!