11.28.2011

It was just perfect!

Mily has been looking forward to this day for a LONG LONG time!  She was so very excited when 11-12-11 finally came.

She had chosen to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  We are so proud of her decision.

I wanted to get a few extra pictures of her in her white clothes before her baptism!
 You can tell by the grin...she is really excited.
She asked her dad to baptize her, but only because her first choice was currently out of the country.  But it is pretty neat that her Uncle Cody was able to baptize a little girl only a few weeks before this so we feel it was a way of connecting the two of them to each other!
The stake had really great speakers, and the baptism went really well.  Emily was with two other kids from our ward and she was lucky enough to go first!  It was so very cute, Emily came up out of the water with a smile on her face!  
As I went to help her get dried off and dressed, I kept telling myself to enjoy every second of this! Knowing that I only have one girl, this is my only opportunity to get to help out at a baptism.  We walked into the dressing room and I told her how proud I was of her and she told me how cold she was!  So we hurried and got her all dried off.  In the mean time one of her dear friends from just a few doors down appeared in the doorway soaking wet as well!  It was great that she got to share this day with such a good friend.  The other mom walked in and was so cute with both of these little girls, I especially loved one of the comments she made to the girls, she said, "look at these perfect little girls!"  Then they looked at each other and smiled...it was so cute!  After Mily was all dried off I wrapped the towel around her, sat her on the bench and told her I'd go grab her dress.  She had gotten a "new" dress from the DI only a few weeks before, it is a darling black dress and she has really loved it.  When we were getting ready for the baptism earlier in the day she had taken it upon herself to get packed, so she grabbed her new black dress, black shoes, tights, dry undies and was already to go!  Well what she didn't know is that mom had gone and bought a brand new dress.  It was antique white with cream accents, It was very similar to the color I wanted to have Mily blessed in (but when I had gone back to the store, it was gone!)  So I was so excited to find that color so I could give it to her for her baptism!  But, she didn't know that!  So after she got all packed I snuck the bag away from her and exchanged the dresses and convinced Mily to wear her white shoes cause they would match the while baptism clothes better!  As she was waiting for me to grab her clothes, I took the dress out of the bag, turned around and said, "Okay Mily, let's get your dress on!" Mily looked so shocked and she said, "Oh WOW!...but, mom that's not my dress!"  It was too funny.  I had to convince her that it was in fact, her dress.  Although I did forget one very important item to bring...a brush!  (duh!)  luckily her hair is short and naturally wavy so it was easy to just comb through with my fingers...hopefully nobody noticed!

Afterward she was Confirmed by her dad to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  She is such a darling little spirit, she is just so full of light and happiness!  She came and gave me a hug and then went sat back down by her dad on the front row.  I was sitting in the second row just off to the other side.  Rusty had started to get pretty fussy and only wanted to sit on my lap, So whatever I tried to just keep him quiet, I leaned him against my chest and told him to stop fussing so much.  Well half way into the next confirmation, Rusty sat up, looked at me and then just started throwing up all over me.  I just sat there and thought...what do I do?  Then he threw up again!  Shawn had glanced back and saw that it was us having the problem and immediately stood up and walked to the door, he got to the door and looked back noticing I was still sitting there with (I'm sure) a deer in the headlight look.  Cause I really still had no idea what I should do.  So he slowly motioned for me to stand up and come to him..."okay!" I thought, "good idea!"  So I grabbed Rusty in my arms and stood up, the only problem was that I had accidentally taken the hem of my skirt up with me!  Talk about total exposure!  Again, I didn't know what to do, should I sit back down and re-adjust my skirt or should I just walk out in front of everybody with my skirt pulled up to my waist?  Well that was decided a half a second later when Rusty threw up again and it landed right in my skirt!  "Brilliant!" I thought!  As I finally made my way over to Shawn he saw my skirt and hurried over to me to try to untangle it so his wife wouldn't be exposed to everyone (well, anyone who was not closing their eyes during the prayer! shame-shame!) But I hissed for him to leave it alone as I tried to walk/run past him.  We got to the handicap bathroom and I put Rusty down next to the toilet and showed him how to position himself over the toilet just as he started throwing up again.   After we were in such a small room and with the smell and sounds, I started to have a hard time hanging on to my own lunch, I kept thinking that any second I was going to be kicking the kid out of the way to take my turn with the porcelain God. Thankfully Shawn walked in at that point--I could see the terror in his eyes as he saw me...he grabbed me and pulled me out of the bathroom while saying, JUST GET OUT OF HERE!  (whew)  Shawn helped me wrap Rusty in the two towels that we had so conveniently brought to the baptism and Rusty I and left to go get cleaned up at home.  Shawn had to not only clean up the few places in the church building but also to try and find a way home for himself and the  three other kids.    Actually I still don't know how my kids got home...THANK YOU who ever brought my family home!    While at home, Rusty and I jumped in the shower, quickly washed off, and got dressed in nice warm clothes.  Then I had just enough time to lay Rusty down in the big chair in the front room and lay a blanket over him (and tell him not to move !) before the door bell rang.  Oh yeah I had invited everyone over to my house for dinner afterward.  Mily picked pizza and pop (easy!) for dinner that night, too bad the van now smelled lovely.  Enter Aunt Jennie...she helped run Shawn over to the pizza store in her car...thank you Jennie!  I had quite a few people not show up to the dinner afterwards, I don't blame them, they had already been exposed to the nastiness...but you never know! So we had a LOT of pizza left over! I tried to send a full pizza home with everyone that came.
I was running around like mad trying to get everything set up so thankfully Shawn was able to get a few pictures of the evening...well two to be exact and they were both a little blurry.  But I'll take what I can get.  Just a few seconds after this photo, Uncle Lee came up to tell me that Rusty had thrown up in the chair.  Darn it...poor kid!  (In fact you can see that Uncle Lee had turned to check on Rusty) So I ended up taking him upstairs, cleaning him up again and putting him down in his own bed.  It was about 6:30pm when he fell asleep and he didn't wake up until almost 7am the next day.  Although turns out he threw up a little in his bed, but was too tired to do anything about it and slept the whole night in it, I'm sure you all wanted to know that part didn't ya!?

Well I think it's a funny story, one that we will remember for sure.  I've been telling everyone who knows the story that it was such a blessing.  Rusty was going to get sick that day, there was no way around it, but he amazingly picked the most perfect moment to do it.  Right after Mily's confirmation so I didn't have to miss out on my own daughters day.  And then I had the perfect amount of time to get it all cleaned up and taken care of so I didn't have to miss out on helping with the dinner afterward.  It is certainly one of those Tender Mercy! 

Here is Mily ready to go to church the next day in her new dress!
 Oh and  Aunt Trina had given Mily this really cute gift bag with a hair flower that happen to match PERFECTLY with her dress.  Inspired or what?!
 What a perfect little girl, my Mily Rose!



No comments: