Well today was a bitter sweet day for us, we were excited for what we had planned but we also realized this was the last day we would be in California! We woke up early (as usual), dressed (green) and packed up the hotel, stuffed everything into the van and then headed off for one last look at the Pacific Ocean! The beaches are a bit different than the ones next to LA so I wanted my kids to at least see what they looked like.
The Marine Fog was crazy and it was pretty darn chilly! As we were walking up to the park entrance at Legoland we saw this cute family made up of Lego's, we asked them if we could pose for a picture and they didn't seem to mind...I love Wesley's pose..."Oh yeah, I'm ALL that!"
I would try and take a picture each day with my cell phone and text my mom a picture of our vacation. This was the one I sent for this day...
Our first ride was this long boat ride around the park...it was nice! I was pretty excited when I took this picture and I got all of us in the shot but then I realized what Wesley was doing...what a dork!
Plastic surgery! Get it? hahaha, they crack me up!
This roller coaster(ish) ride was pretty cool, you pulled the handles toward you and then started peddling to make your car go! Cute idea!
One of the rides, you get to pull yourself up and whatever rate you want....and then let yourself drop. We let the kids go by themselves and it was a bit harder than they were expecting.Still, they got pretty high, but with quite a bit of effort!
Of course he looks away right as I take a picture. He loved that he was able to drive all by himself!
The other kids got to drive their own cars in the bigger arena, but for some reason I didn't take pictures of them (I do have video's though, but I don't feel like loading it--it's long and boring!)
I love how Josh gets really animated with his pictures!
When it was the other kids turn to take a picture in the sharks mouth he would try and coach them, "stop smiling, your in a sharks mouth you should be terrified!!" It was pretty funny!The kids also got to drive their own boats!
Mily kept passing everyone!
Like I told you earlier my kids are all Star Wars fans so this was pretty neat for them!
I loved the bathroom signs! How cute!
And the mirror was even made up of Lego's!
They had a few Halloween decorations up and it turns out that it was also the weekend they did trick or treating...nice part is that it was free with admission! Wahoo...my kids got to go!Although they didn't have a costume on, but they still enjoyed going to all the booths and getting treats!
I wanted a picture in front of the big giant ghost, the only problem is the Marine fog that never burnt off made it so you can't actually see how tall he is! lol!
Then the boys wanted a picture in front of the ghost...alrighty then!
They not only had cute decorations and fun set-ups but they also had in-line entertainment. There were at least two people dressed up and walking around the park in stilts...the kids loved it!
They also had (real) scarecrows and jugglers to entertain you while you waited for your turn to trick or treat!
I thought it was a great set-up! Do you see how excited Rusty was?
For our very last ride the kids picked this robot ride, it's a mechanical arm that throws you this way and that way....you can set the levels on it from, level 1 to a level 5, I'm kind of sad I didn't record a #5 because dang, that was awesome. Rusty did NOT want to go on it even though they would have only allowed him to be set a a level 1, I didn't mind though. I just took a video of the other kids who because of rules and height restrictions were only allowed to go as high as a level 2, but still I think they had a fun time!
After that ride was over we ran out to the car and got headed down the road, we were driving all the way to Las Vegas to stay at our cousins house, so we really needed to get on the road. I think we made it there by midnight or so!
The next morning we headed home, I took a few last pictures of the car ride home...
boring landscape!
a couple of kids pouring over Legoland catalogs that they got in the trick-or-treating bags
The other two kids watching one of Mily's new movies!
We got home, got the car unloaded, put stuff away, started a few loads trying to get rid of Mount Laundry, then went to bed! We got up the next morning and hubby was off to work and the kids went to school! Busy, busy, busy!

1 comment:
LegoLand looks like it was QUITE the experience...Star Wars? Awesome!
Post a Comment