So we got our hotel packed up, and we headed south, just after lunch time we headed over to the beach and enjoyed several hours on Huntington State Beach! To be very honest...it was DANG cold!
While we were waiting (as patient as possible) for everyone to be ready to head down to the beach, the kids had a mini photo shoot on the beach!
It was a long walk out to the water this time. I don't understand how they can all walk so fast in the sand...I literally was walking as fast as I could and everyone was passing be by like crazy!
The kids went straight to the water. Playing their favorite games, jump over the wave, run away from the wave, let the wave hit you and almost topple into the ocean...they were loving it!
This time we had remembered to pull out the sand toys and the kids quickly started to build things!
It was fun to watch the surfers, I touched the water and it was WAY too cold for me to play in, and here walks all these kids in wet suits out to swim in it...crazy!
Can you see all the black spots of the surface of the water? Surfers!
Yay, the sun finally came out, time to warm up just a little!
Although I had sunscreen sitting right there, I didn't think to put it on when we got there because I wasn't sure the fog would ever burn off, (like yesterday)...so when the sun did finally came out I kind of forgot about sunscreen. Oops, all my boys had some pretty good sunburns on their back (bad mom!)
Here is Rusty sliding down the sand bank...he's kind of a strange child!
Josh' sand angel.
can't go to the beach without burring someone
or maybe a few somebodies!
After everyone was done playing in the ocean we wanted to make the just play around and kind of dry off! We played "try to write your name in the sand before the ocean erases it" game--that was pretty fun! Then Shawn started making a sand sculpture...not bad I say!
sand crab 2011
4 little sand crab's!
This is probably my favorite part of the day. 3 sleeping kids for most of the drive down to San Diego!
Our hotel was really nice, it had two rooms and TWO BATHROOMS! And a much better breakfast than the one in Anaheim (but not as good as St. George!) It was a great hotel to end our vacation in!

No comments:
Post a Comment