So it turns out my boys really like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! Well, you know...except for that one son of mine. Who knew?!

Look at those smiles! ☻

Because of Joshua's allergies the rest of my kids grew up thinking that they were all allergic to peanut butter as well. It was just easier that way, no one ate it or even touched it, since
Joshie is sensitive to even the oil. (We have plenty of stories about
accidental touching Josh with peanut trace) When Josh started to spend all day at school...including lunch...I finally came clean and told the other kids the truth, they could eat all the peanut butter they wanted. Wesley was in heaven. Rusty came along and decided he too loved the stuff. But poor Emily, she was the one affected the most by it and still to this day hates the taste and smell of the stuff. She will have an occasional small helping of peanut candy, but that's as much as we can get from her. Which is fine by me, that stuff really scares me to death...especially if you've seen your kid in the back of an
ambulance because of it! Although it's kind of exhausting letting them eat it, cause I basically have to give them a bath afterward (well you know...the two year old anyway!), then scrub down the kitchen really well...is it worth it? Depends on who you ask!
6 comments:
I love your header picture of your kids! So cute!
I knowingly endanger your poor child every time we have a picnic...PB&J is just so easy! What a terrible aunt I am!
I'm not sure I could live without peanut butter. I love the stuff! I'm with Tiff, I am the worst with allergies...I once gave a candy bar to a kid in primary with a peanut allergy. Fortunately I remembered right after he told me he couldn't have it. :)
It looks like they really do like their peanut butter!
We've had some kiddos with peanut allergies in our school class. It's scary and we need to be so careful!
Have a lovely day!
If liking a certain kind of food can be inherited, these boys get that particular taste from their dad, who has, regardless of peanut allergies, consistently had a peanut butter sandwich (no jam, it's too messy) almost every day for breakfast for years. Of course, I am very careful when I make it, and don't eat it until I'm in the car on the way to work. Good stuff!
Yeah, in my defense I should say that I always have a talk with my kids about washing up after they eat their "poison" sandwiches around Josh! :D
Post a Comment