Yes, Rusty has his own cleaning chart! I went to sugardoodle and found this cute idea for a chore chart. It was called a happy helper game. I changed a few of the chores and then even added a few of my own. Although I wished I had done a trial version of this before I printed them out on nice paper and laminated them. I would have changed a few things. Instead of having everything specific, I would have put a few of them more general, like: help outside, help with kitchen etc, a "free center spot" or even one that said give mom a hug .
I even forgot some chores, like take out the garbage and wash walls...Darn! But really I don't see this chart working for more than a month anyway...they usually never last very long at my house. Although for now I'm letting them get away with doing a "non-perfect" job when they clean, I want them to enjoy this game. I will take what I can get...besides a "little" clean, makes it easier to "better" clean, later! They have to either get a bingo or complete 4 chores then they get a reward of a piece of candy (like a smarty or a sucker). They can also choose (or "chew's") to go for a black out and get a package of bubble tape! We had 3 kids get a blackout within 5 days! I have to admit that this has worked surprisingly well. So well that the house is staying pretty clean which actually makes it hard for them to get a bingo!
I've even had one kid brush his teeth pretty messy and get toothpaste all over the sink...just so he could clean it up afterward and get the shiny sink award! Mily pulled out her barbies and played with them for a whole 3 minutes and and then put them back so she could get a toy picker upper award! I had little Wes running to grab the easy vacuum so that he could pass off the Vivacious Vacuuming award...which my older kids misread and called it the Vicious award...either way, it's great fun!
The chart on Sugardoodle had 9 chores so you could challenge a sibling to a game of tick-tack-toe, sounds cute!
This would also be a fun way to help your Wolf Cub Scout pass off requirement 4 e. (Talk with your family members. Agree on the household jobs you will be responsible for. Make a list of your jobs and mark off when you have finished them. Do this for one month.)
Happy cleaning!

3 comments:
Nice! I need to get my kids started on chores. They aren't to young! Right?? Some days they seem to be other days not so much. LOL! I think you have a great idea, glad it is working out so well.
Love it! Aiden has a little chore chart, but we really should use it more. I love the bingo idea.
I've been dying to find a way to pass off my Wolf Cub Scout requirement 4 e. Ha ha! I love that you know specifically which one! Is it your calling? or are you just a really awesome mom? (we know this one is true)
Post a Comment