5.14.2010

My kids got TALENT

So when my kids came home from school a few weeks ago with a sign-up sheet for a talent show, the discussion was not "if" they were going to sign up, but, "what" they were going to do. I love that my kids have the courage to perform. I know I certainly didn't when I was 6 and 8!

Anyway so for the past couple of weeks we've been listening to these songs...non-stop! Here is a recording I got of Josh's piano piece this morning before he left for school...the video I took last night at school had someone come stand right in front of me while Josh was performing! Gggrrrrr!



This is a video of just before the talent show, when they were practicing. This is suppose to be Mily's talent, but she was having a hard time with the lead part so Josh stepped up and helped her out. I wanted to get it on video before the actual performance, just in case. I'm glad I did, Emily froze a little on stage...she isn't nearly as animated as she was at home (normal!)



It works out great because Shawn only recorded the last half of the song during the talent show.But that's okay because as you could see, at home they actually mess up the end a bit.

So this is the actual performance. Feel free to clap along with the audience...I'd have to say this was one of the three best act's of the whole night!



So the funny part is that when we were getting in the van to go home and Dad turned around and told Josh and Mily how proud he was of them and that it's one thing to sing to a CD at home, but a whole different aspect to get up in front of a ton of people and not only sing, but sing and act well! To which Emily replies..."Yeah, I know...I've been performing my whole life!"

Yes, I guess she has! This drama-queen is certainly front-&-center on the stage of (her) life!

So the thing that I love about this is that cub scouts are doing a variety show for pack meeting next week, they've asked the boys and their family to come up with a talent...ha! done!

5 comments:

Cristy said...

Such cute ambitious kids! Hopefully they don't lose that confidence as they get older... I certainly had more when I was younger. LOL! Great Job!

Kendra said...

Your kids have talent! Way to go Josh and Mily!!

Meesha said...

They were awesome! It's cracking me up, because I just posted a video of my kids singing the EXACT SAME SONG! And then I was at your blog, and there it was! I guess great minds think alike ;)

Milk Maid to Milk Cow said...

That's great! They only let 4-6 grades perform in our schools talent show. I worry by that time my kids won't have the guts to perform! They were awesome!

Unknown said...

Aiden wanted to watch the video of them singing at home over and over. He loved it!