
Are you?
Because Stephanie explains it best, I am just copying a pasting her post from her blog:
The church has seen that many people are more comfortable asking questions and getting answers from someone they feel they know (even an Internet friend) than asking missionaries on the street. So they are creating a new site where we Mormons can go create a profile page of our own and give our answers to questions like "Why Am I A Mormon?" or "How do we feel about Joseph Smith" or "Do Mormons practice Polygamy?"
There are tons of questions and you choose which ones you want to answer. You share a little information about yourself (nothing to compromise your privacy though) and you can even link your profile page to your blog, Twitter, or Facebook account.
This new website won't be active and going online for everyone to explore for a while, but it is open for Mormons to upload their profiles right now! I just uploaded my profile last night. The goal is to get as many profiles uploaded by as many different people as we can before the site goes live.
SO..... If you are Mormon and want to share ... Go to new.mormon.org and Sign in if you have an LDS Account (the one you use to check your ward website) or Register to get an LDS Account (you will need your membership number from your temple recommend or ward clerk and your birthday to register.) It will take you to your own Profile Page and you can start uploading your information and answers.
Then tell every Mormon you know to follow your lead and do the same! Old and young, male and female, every ethnicity! We want to show a true picture of how diverse a group we Mormons really are.
I just added mine. What a fun opportunity to stand up and be counted! I encourage everyone to take some time this upcoming Sunday to take time to write down your testimony. Whether or not you upload it to New Mormon.org...is up to you!

1 comment:
This is so cool! I just started mine.Can't wait to put it on my blog!
Post a Comment