So here it is 10 years from the day Shawn asked me to marry him! We usually celebrate this day by going back to the same place he proposed (Moss Ledge) and even grabbing Subway Sandwiches on the way up. (like we did the first time!) But the weather today was not one that I would want to go running around a mountain side in...if you've ever been to moss ledge you'll understand!
So we did the next best thing, went to see my BIL and SIL in Seven BRIDES for Seven Brothers! Just so you know this musical is one of my favorites....no kidding! Hahaha, something about it just makes me giggle and they did such a great job! (It runs 17th -28th at Copper Hills High school, can't remember the cost, but it was worth it! Love that show!) So Shawn went straight from his job to his 2nd job and then straight to the show...afterward he went back to work and I came home to get the kids to bed. That's when I found this!

He must have dashed home on his way to the show... sweet! And, yes, that's as much as my bed gets made on a daily basis. You know?...I'm just going to climb back in and mess it up in a few hours!?

With a cute little note! ♪

Points for sure! They are so ♥ PRETTY! ♥

So just for fun, I dug up some photo's of the day we got engaged a DECADE ago! I know, I know...we looked AWESOME that day!

Great idea to take me up hiking and picnicking in the mountains and then come home and take pictures! But, holy cow, look how young we are...sheesh! (I picked this picture because of the tiny trees in the background that are now huge and taking over the yard!)
And I'm still trying to figure out why we didn't use these for our engagement pictures!? I mean they are totally great!
{Hello? Are you awake?}

{"Yes...I am beautiful," " Oh, let me check...as I hold my hand in an akward position so you can see the ring better!"}
Here are some pictures from last year trip up at Moss ledge...we were even lucky enough to get the same picnic spot that Shawn proposed at!

Not every one thinks it's a fun tradition.

Well, what a fun day. We decided we can't go a year without going to Moss ledge...so we'll be heading up when the weather clears up.
Quote by Mily:
☺"You were the most prettiest girl dad could find, so he asked you to marry him?" ☺
♥If that's the case, we need to go get dad's eyes checked! ♥
4 comments:
Congratulations on 10 years! Beautiful flowers - you've got a keeper!
10 years?! Sheesh! Where has the time gone! I loved your old pictures. Fun times! (And you are right about that one with the trees behind you! Now that corner is a total FOREST in her back yard! It's so overgrown that last year I found a dead animal in there...Ew.)
So what are you doing looking for dead animals in our backyard??!?! Leave our dead animals alone!!
Rhoda, you and Shawn just get cuter and cuter--and I love the flowers and note--you're right, big points! Congrats on your 10 year engagement anniversary!
I love that you celebrate your engagement. I don't think I even remember the "day" we were engaged. We talked about it so much before hand, it wasn't really a surprise when I got the ring. But really I want to mention how much I LOVE the second "engagement" picture. Totally made me laugh out loud! Especially with your caption below it. Great stuff! Congratulations on your 10 year engagement and obvious upcoming 10 year anniversary! :)
Post a Comment