Yes I am a cub scout leader. This past month's theme was "In the Spotlight" so I had the boys cut out a picture of themselves and paste it onto a stick. Then I had them make up a puppet show.

(Elective 2e, with a little stretch) Yeah, it was quite silly, if you can imagine a skit that 4 eight year old's would make up! Of course afterward the rest of my kids all wanted a puppet of themselves, so we did it again! Fun times!
Any body have some good ideas for game, activities to do with a bunch of 8-9 year old boys?
3 comments:
That was a precious idea! I'll try to think of more for you...I was a GS leader and girls are not always that different!
I'm your newest follower from the blog hop!
http://www.waccamawslegacy.blogspot.com
I was a cub scout leader for a hot minute....I only ended up going to one meeting. The woman had the boys make aquariums. It was kind of a mess, so I would recommend doing it outdoors. She had them spread glue on the bottom of a paper plate, sprinkle sand on it. Then put sea animal stickers - note to self, they don't stick well to sand. Then glue blue plastic wrap over it. If I remember right the got to build a boat out of popsicle sticks to put on top.
All of that doesn't sound right, but you get the idea :)
Creative! I love Josh's face, haha :) You could do a scavenger hunt! My sister (Nat) just told me about one she did for her kids the other day, and it made me want to go on one. :)
Post a Comment