10.12.2011

A camping we will go...

(August 3-6, 2011)
We got invited to go camping with Shawn's sister and her family.   We had a really fun time, here are some highlights...in no particular order:

Sydney showing us her new fire-starting skills that she had just learned at girls camp a few days before!

Apparently this is what you do to stop a three year old from crying...don't know why it works, but it does!

The fun bike trail...looks like we're roughing it doesn't it?

Playing hide and seek
And hiding in a REALLY good spot!

Watching the scary storm blow in!  That was fun.
 Going on bike rides.
 Cousins taking care of cousins....awwwwwe.

Watching a movie while the storm ragged outside?  Do you know where Lee and Tiffany were?  Outside watching the storm first hand!  Awesome!

Going on a beautiful hike:

Finding things to make us smile as we hike up the mountain!

The waterfalls at the end of the hike.
 All of our hikers at the top.
 Playing in the water!

Our twins, they may not be identical but it blows me away how they think alike!
A good time was had by all, a big thanks to Tiff and Lee for inviting us along and dealing with all the drama that unfolded on this trip.  (oh forgot to tell ya that I got a survey from the campground and so I filled it out with just how I felt...I ended up getting a phone call from the corporate office letting me know that my letter made it to the desk of the CEO and he was calling to apologize and also making sure I knew that the "issues" are being addressed and hopefully will be resolved in the future--yikes!  So tell your folks sorry if that caused any issues for them...I thought the survey was anonymous but if they could find me they certainly can find them!)

1 comment:

Steph H said...

I love that you guys all went camping together! What fun cousins all your kids are.