Joshie had a great opportunity to earn some money for Disneyland....mowing my sister's lawn while she and her family is on vacation in Hawaii!
He did a pretty good job too...except for that one bush! But really it's the bushes fault, it was growing past the flower bed! ☺ It's all good, he didn't kill it, he basically just gave it a good trim.
Afterwards
I decided to try something we’ve never done before. I’ve heard you could play in the pools at the bottom of
Bridal Veil Falls up Provo canyon, but it’s usually too far
out of the way (and I keep forgetting) to plan a day there, but since we were in Happy Valley
already I thought it would be a fun thing to do. We stopped at Subway and grabbed some lunch.
The little park that was connected to the walk way up the falls and was really quite cute and well kept. We ate our lunch right next to the Provo river and then we headed up the trail to check out the waterfall.
It was a perfect day, the water however was like sticking your feet in ice water....dang it was cold!
I asked them all to keep their flip flops on (remember what we use to call them? I laugh every time my mom calls them that, good times, good times!) so that they could walk on the rocks easier.
You would have thought that I was the meanest mom in the world...even though everyone else had them on, apparently they were super tough. But mom prevailed and told them to keep them on! Well I had a not-so-little boy go sit down on the dock (green) and one of his flip flops "accidentally" fell off...he jumped down to grab it but it got swept under bridge and down into the Provo River! Oops. Dang, now mom's a little ticked!
And all the sudden tough guy is gone and he can't walk around in the water without flip flops because the rocks hurt (interesting) but mean mom makes him walk across them anyway so she can get the picture that we came here for...and your going to smile, I don't care if your not happy dang it...SMILE!
Rusty's always such a good sport, especially if he's not the one getting yelled at! But poor Joshie (mom needs to take a chill-pill--look at this face, it breaks my heart. Not a big deal Rhoda---really it's not! Not a proud mom moment.)
The side walk was BURNING hot so I made Josh wear my flip flops back to the car (and he was NOT happy about that, they are obviously GIRL flip flops--talk about salt to the wound) and I burnt the bottom of my feet all the way back to the grassy park. I tell ya, after being in freezing cold water and then walking across burning hot asphalt I'm surprised my feet don't have major issues!
But I'd have to say over all it was a really neat place and a fun activity...if you like cold water in the middle of a hot summer day!
A few hours later we found out that my niece was playing soccer at the field just down the road from my house! So we went and watched her play her game! She's good, she has come so far from the little girl who would stand by the coach and wouldn't kick the ball even if dad promised her a dollar!
Way to go Jazzie!
Uhmm, okay! This picture...well I don't know how this pict. got stuck in this post but okay....here is a random summer afternoon rain storm. One of my favorite things to do is open the garage and watch the lighting and the down poor flood the streets! This year we had quite a few of them to watch!
Although I'm going to throw this out there. I really don't like them when they come at 2am. They wake me up (not my kids thank goodness) and when I look outside to see how "cool" the storm is...I can't see anything. The lighting shows are fun, but I like to be able to see the rain too. Now the ones at dusk, those are perfect!

No comments:
Post a Comment