Friends are the greatest! You ride while I push, then I ride and you push! They are the cutes kids together. They are both dang smart and so listening to the conversation these two will have...it will crack you up!
Joshua carrying a crab on his shoulders. what a funny site!
(July 27, 2011)
Snowbird. It was so fun to swim with our brothers and sister and cousins and...first councilor in the bishopric and his family and grand kids! I love it, how fun when you find so many people who have the same week scheduled (our pediatrician...who we LOVE, also has this week!)
Gotta love this tradition!
Then our little group took off for a quick nature hike. I was just going to take the nine kids by myself but I think it made the other mom a little nervous when I told her that if only come back with 5 kids that it was still over 50% and that was still a good percentage!
The two older boys started a "tour" in which they would explain things along the trail...things that they recently learned at Cub Country! They had most of the kids' attentions too!
(July 28, 2011)
It wasn't even "Talk like a Pirate Day!" I love how my kids have fun and play together!
Did you notice that chain thing in the back ground. Well I got this idea off a friend's blog. She made her son a count down calender to show him how many days were left until the new baby was to be born. It was so darling, she had taken the babies name and then made some chains under each letter and he could rip off a chain each day and the baby would be one day closer to coming home! Anyway so I took that and did the same thing for my kids, except my count down was for...
How fun huh? I ended up having to write the day and which kid's turn it was to rip it off, but it's been something fun to do and to also keep them in the mind set of "setting a goal" and "saving for something." I think it's been a good thing, since most of the adventures we go on are usually a surprise, this is something that can anticipate and help out with!
(July 30, 2011)
Sleep over number TWO. We were so lucky this year to have more sleep overs with cousins. This is a family we don't get to see very often. They live on the outskirts of Garland, UT. Kyle (in the yellow) is SO funny! Oh my gosh I have so many stories from this weekend about him...makes me smile every time I think about it! "I think I need a treat to make me feel better!" --oh this kid is good!
We had a little picnic in the front yard...
Tanner was too cool to sit with everyone else...he is TWELVE after all! Doesn't he look so much like his dad? My brother Hazen? ...holy cow it's crazy, he even acts (and teases) just like him!
In fact, at breakfast time he was asking about a story when his dad and I were kids. The story goes that we would steal food off Hazen's plate...which I don't remember doing. But Haze would get SO mad (that part I do remember) that he started to build these fortresses around his food with whatever was at the table, cold cereal boxes, cartons of milk...etc. As we were talking about this and I was telling Tanner the REAL Story...Rusty leaned across the table and took a piece of food off Kyles plate. Oh, Kyle was so mad! ...Tanner and I were laughing pretty hard and Tanner said, "See! It is true, you guys are even doing it to his kids now!" SO funny!
Brayden put on a mini-piano recital for us, that kid is getting good!
Then we turned on the hose and let the kids take turns jumping on the wet trampoline!
![]() |
| Rusty and Kyle |
![]() |
| Tanner and Josh (well Josh's feet!) |
![]() |
| Wes and Brayden |
![]() |
| Josh |
![]() |
| Good form Brayden! |
![]() |
| Tanner, taking it to the extreme! |
We even had an impromptu fight in which I warned the kids not to get me wet...and Tanner acting like his dad, decided to do it anyway. So I had to show him who was boss, I ran him down, picked him and held him upside down with his head in the sprinkler. Gotta remember Tanner, living with your dad teasing me, I didn't put up with much before I retaliate!
Love this family, having fun and doing it the fun way!

Sorry for the re-post, the spell check was broke when I originally wrote it and I had forgotten to go back and correct all the mistakes, not that there aren't any left, it's just what I have time to fix! ☺




















1 comment:
My rebuttal in regard to your Snowbird hike: This mom was certainly NOT nervous...You are way more responsible than I am. I just felt bad for you, having to try to keep track of them all alone. Plus, I kinda like spending time with ya! :D
Post a Comment