(August 14, 2011)
My nephew is serving a mission! Can you believe it? It's one thing to send a brother or a friend out, but a nephew, that's just crazy!
Elder Scott A has been called to the Naga Philippines Mission!
At his farewell--that was not a farewell (is that getting old yet---lets just call them farewells again!) I was too busy helping and dealing with four kids so I didn't get any pictures (beside who wants pictures with a big black spot in them?) But thanks to everyone else and their sharing skills...or did I steal these off facebook, I can't remember either way they are mine now! {hahaha}
ALL my brothers and sisters (minus Nancy)
![]() |
| Me, Larry, Verlene, Hazen, Trina, Richard and Yvonne (mom of the missionary) |
How cool is that? We are all together! The entire family + Scott
Good-Bye hugs--sorry man forgot to tell you that Rusty's love kind of hurts!
...so does Wesley's, do you see he jumped at the last minute and put his knee right into Scott's chest. Dang kid! Ouch.
Scott's a little nervous to hug the rest of my kids, but Mily is a lot gentler.
I don't know what happened to Josh's picture, it was probably such a short hug (you know, almost 10 year old) that grandma couldn't catch it on film...but he did get a hug, I promise.
Elder Andrus will be leaving Utah at 5pm on October 17th...he will catching a connecting flight at 2am...crazy...and he will be leaving US soil landing in Hong Kong at some point and then flying to the Philippines on Oct 19th at 11:30 am...wow talk about a long flight! Plus, he won't even be to his mission yet, he'll still have to get over to Naga!
He is super excited about getting out into the field, I love reading his letters home, my sister is doing a great job keeping his mission blog updated. He talks about the recent Typhoons (Hurricanes) that recently went through that area and he is itching to get over there and start helping them out. He is doing great learning Tagalog and I'm positive that he will be a great missionary. MAHAL KO KAYO!! (I love you all) --message from Scott in his latest letter.
God Speed Elder, you'll do great!

Hey he is still in the Provo MTC for a few days, go send him an Dear Elder letter and he can get it tomorrow! here is his info...
Elder Scott Andrus
MTC Mailbox # 199
PHI-NAG 1020





No comments:
Post a Comment