Every summer I try to host a sleep over with our cousins, (the ones who live close by!). This year we were having a hard time finding a good day to do it so we ended up having them over on a Monday night. So for FHE we just played. The first thing we did was I made some paint, yes made, it was quite easy. (just remember the color goes darker when it dries).
I had the kids each pick a square in my drive way and they could paint whatever they wanted.
They went to town, it was so cute!
Then we lit some snakes (those thing that you get around the 4th of July!) and some smoke bombs. I told the kids that our tradition was that you had to run through the smoke while the bomb was going off. But I warned the kids not to go next to the burning firework.
First bomb...one of the boys burned his foot a little. Luckily it wasn' too bad, unfortunatly we had to repeat the warning several more times after that....{sigh} what do you do...they're boys?
Then we went on a walk around the neighborhood. My goal? To get them warn out and tired before bed time! hahaha...didn't work, just so you know!
Trying our skills at Abby Road. Most of the kids did a great job "pretending" to walk, the three kids who couldn't pull it off were mine! Haha, although they are certainly actors, Rusty is my favorite! Also, I made them line up in order of height, which is not the same thing as age, and that is apparently a little bit of a sore spot for some of them! heehehe!
We were crab sitting at the time, so we pulled out our neighbors hermit crab's and gave them their weekly bath! Fun stuff!
Thankfully Shawn recently got put into scouts and so we were able to pull out enough tents so that the kids could all sleep in one (since our big tent never came home from Yellowstone 2 years earlier)
The girls are the winners, they made it all night long on the trampoline. They never gave up and headed for the tent! Good on 'ya ladies!
I love my nieces and nephews, what fun times we have!
(July 24th, 2011)
My kids watching the neighbors fire works.
The day we decided to light off our 24th of July fireworks (go Pioneer Day!) it was raining. But we did it anyway...thanks to that wonderful man I married!
We even braved the sprinkling rain and did sparklers.
Gotta love summer time fun---more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment