So after our kite flying expedition Wesley decided that because mom wasn't at home cooking dinner, we probably should go out to eat somewhere. (smart little man! Although he did have a little prodding with that idea!) So where else do we go after we spend over an hour running around like mad? The musical McDonald's! It's the play area that has a bunch of pretend musical instruments to play on and with....It's in the Day Brake area next to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. As we were sitting eating our dinner the kids looked out the window and pointed to the temple. "Can we go there next?" ...was their question! Which we quickly told them of course we could, but reminded them that we could only look at the outside of the temple. Emily said "oh yeah, because it's already been dedicated!" Smart little girl. We drove up to the temple and the kids started screaming when they could see it. Rusty will scream that he sees the temple whenever he sees a church building with a steeple. But he got really excited now that we were so close. I grabbed the camera and turned around to capture his cute little voice. Of course when I turn on the camera he stops doing it and I had to prod him along!
Too bad about 4 seconds after I turned off the camera Rusty exclaimed, " It's not a temple, it's a House of GOD!" Totally blew us all away, where did that come from? Well we know where the phrase comes from: ♪"for the temple is a house of God, a place of love an beauty!" ♪ But it was so random! It's interesting to know what your kids are thinking about, because of the cute little comments they make.
I'm so grateful that my little booger-nose kids love to see the temple and think about it often!
I'm one lucky mama!
5 comments:
That is so cute! That is one thing I miss living in no-wheres-ville, the closest temple is about 45 minutes away, we don't get to see it as much as I'd like!
We love that McD's! Aiden is the same calling everything with a steeple a temple. He loves to see the temple when we take Daddy to work. It's always fun when they get excited about it!
Cute kids! I'm not LDS, but did get to see the Temple in Omaha (Winters Quarters) before it was dedicated a few years back. Very beautiful!
BTW, I found you off of Jason's blog.
Glad you weren't driving while trying to take that video, R!
Ok - we totally know the "music" McDonalds too! The kids love to go there. Too bad the food is so bad for the parents!!
I got tired of trying to correct our kids on the church/temple thing - so I drilled into them that the temple has a Moroni on top, and the church doesn't. Now I can see their brains working each time they see a building, and take a minute to figure out if there is a Moroni on top or not. Keeps them thinking, and now they know it when they actually see a temple!
Post a Comment