4.08.2010

Why...the reason I blog.

I was thinking about my blog recently. I started this blog so I could keep my extended family in the loop as far as what is going on in our lives and what not. Before this I would send out a couple of emails a month to a slew of people with pictures and an update....I figured my blog had taken over that role. I sent out a few emails to my family letting them know where to look if they wanted an update, but recently I had one of my sisters ask me what was new with my life. She then told me that she was sad because she use to get emails with pictures giving updates and they had stop coming...Seriously! Well honestly it isn't a surprise that only a few of my family members actually look at my blog. I kind of knew that would happened even though I encouraged them to visit this site, that's just not the type of people they are...and that's okay! I have started to think how ironic it is that the reason that I started this blog was for them, and most of them don't read it. But then I realized I'm not really blogging for them or really for anyone beside myself and my family. This has become a great way to just document and keep a journal of sorts about my family and I have loved doing it. So even though most of my readers are friends who probably don't care how many times we go to the zoo, thank you for being here. I hope you enjoy reading about the special times in our family life as well as the every day boring stuff. This is who we are....and what we do!

Thanks,

4 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment of why most people blog... to document their lives. So, good job! Keep it up!

Doug & April said...

We're still here for ya man :)

Ladybug said...

We read your blog as often as we can! Thanks for doing it, it's nice to hear updates. :)

Meesha said...

Your story sounds strangely similar to mine!;) It's like you took the words right out of my mouth.