I was reading an update a high school friend of mine wrote recently. I was so touched by her small entry that I asked her permission to let you all read it as well.
A little background info first. My friend's son Micheal was diagnosed with a brain tumor when he was 18 months old. Not too long afterward Micheal suffered a stroke cause by the pressure from the growing brain tumor. It has had lasting effects on Micheal left side. For the past 15 months Micheal's has had to fight to stay alive. Micheal has endured several rounds of chemo and has made some amazing progress. He has started eating solid food, he is making excellent progress at physical therapy where he has had to do fun and sometimes frightening things like jump on a trampoline, roll on a mat and go down a slide. He will be turning three in March and his future looks bright! His mom has been giving us updates every few days to let us know how he is doing and on December 10th I received this update:
"Yesterday we went to a Christmas Party and Michael got to see Santa. Micheal's dad taught him to say "ho, ho, ho." It's very cute. The Party was for all the special needs kids that go to Cache Kids Pediatric Rehab. for therapy. So it was fun to see little kids in walkers like Michael."
"When Michael sat next to Santa Clause. Santa said "oh such a nice name." "Already tonight I have met a Gabriel, and now we have Michael, all the Angels in heaven are here tonight."
"I just loved that, I wanted to hug Santa. Michael is my Angel here on earth and I don't know what I would do without him."
"When Michael sat next to Santa Clause. Santa said "oh such a nice name." "Already tonight I have met a Gabriel, and now we have Michael, all the Angels in heaven are here tonight."
"I just loved that, I wanted to hug Santa. Michael is my Angel here on earth and I don't know what I would do without him."
(Photo from CaringBridge Journal 08/17 /09 )"I don't even think about the way Michael use to be anymore, he's just Michael, braces, tubes and all. He is so happy and so cute. He has the funniest little laugh, and the cutest little smile."
"I used to be sad that Michael had a stroke, until I met a boy that had two strokes, one on each side."
"I used to be sad that Michael had an NG tube, until I met a little girl that will have a G-tube for the rest of her life."
"I used to be sad that Michael couldn't see very well, until I read the mission statement for the National Federation of the Blind that says....If a blind person has proper training and opportunity
"I used to be sad that Michael was sick, until I got to know some people at church that lost a child."
"Now I say my prayers, and thank Heavenly Father every day for Michael. He is my beautiful little boy and I love him so much."
And one of Micheal's recent updates and certainly one to celebrate!
Yea!!! Michael's tumor shrunk some more!!! I can't believe it. We are so happy. It has shrunk quite a bit, but it's still there. And it still needs treatment, but for now it's good news.
Thank you all for your faith and prayers. We love you all.
(photo from Caring Bridge Journal 11/03/2009)I truly believe we have a Christmas Angel among us!

If you would like to read more updates about Michael click here.
4 comments:
How beautiful! He seems like an amazing little boy with an amazing spirit and mommy!
That is a very touching story! Thank you for taking the time to share it with all of us! He is a strong boy and that will bring him through this!
It is so amazing to see our little Michael growing and developing. I am his great Auntie, and the last time I saw Michael before all this happened to him was when Leesh came with my mother to watch my children for two weeks while I flew across country to see my husband graduate from Chaplain School.
This has been a tough, hard year for our family, but we are continually blessed by the little miracles around us, of which Michael is but one.
He is such a delight, and Leesh is such an amazing, loving, and grateful mother. I truly have never seen her complain or even be without her perpetual smile.
Thanks for sharing our baby's story. (We all claim him as our own.)
Love, Michael's Aunt Mary
How sweet, and what an amazing Santa!
Post a Comment