Here is Josh trying on his baptism clothes a few days before his birthday. He was so excited it was darling! He is such a great example to his brother and sister...and even his mom! Such a good kid!

So every year not only do we decorate the house for Josh's birthday but we always decorate the Christmas tree as well!
.JPG)
After the Family Christmas Party we spent several hours cleaning and re-decorating the house for Josh's birthday/baptism. The ward put together a fantastic baptismal program. The only down fall that I could see was that we were in the primary room and all the chairs were filled up and people were standing out in the hallway. There were 3 kids getting baptized and knowing how many family and friends two of our families had, we recommended that we just hold the service in the Chapel, but they wanted to wait and see if enough people showed up. Well most of the people who came are on Mormon-Standard time so it wasn't until 10 minutes after it started that we ran out of room. I felt bad too, the primary room is quite big but it's also very long so the people in the back and in the hallway couldn't hear very well. But honestly to have that kind of turn out for 3 kids was amazing!
.JPG)
They also had the cutest idea to have everyone who was there for Josh, to write a little note to him and share their testimony. It turned out really cute and it ended up being quite a big book!
.JPG)
After the baptism we headed back to our house to have lunch. A big thanks to family and friend who came and shared this day with us, it was so amazing to see how many people came out to support us. Also to those of you who helped out at the baptism and the luncheon, a great big thank you!
After everyone had left we half-heatedly tried to clean up a bit. Really we were waiting for Rusty (and mom) to wake up from their nap so Joshie could open his birthday presents. Of course you know I have little actors for kids, so there is no surprise that opening presents are quite entertaining. Especially this picture we got of Josh.
.JPG)
Too bad the camera didn't focus...my camera has been really struggling with that lately, most of my pictures lately have been pretty blurry...WHY??? Joshie finally got a brand new coat...not a used coat, a new one that he even got to help pick out himself. I laughed when he picked this coat since brown and green are two of the hardest colors for him to decipher between (since he is color blind)! Oh well, he may not know what color it looks like to us, but to him it looked cool!
.JPG)
And look what Joshie got for his birthday! He has been asking for one of these since last Christmas. (he asked Santa for one) We didn't think he was serious but he has kept asking for one! Then on Black Friday we found one for $24 or something. Heck yea, the best present I think he's ever gotten!
Opps...forgot about the Christmas lights!
Yeah that's what every kid should want to do on his birthday, clean the living room!
And of course we ended the day with the traditional blowing of the candles.
.JPG)
In our family everyone gets a chance to blow the candles out..even mom took a turn. I had to show 'em how it was done...you know the tricks and all that. We let Josh have another turn and being armed with his mom's tricks he was able to get them all out in one blow!
What was your birthday wish?
5 comments:
Haha, cute - I love this!! I love that Josh wanted a vacuum! That's so funny! :) And I wish I could've come to his baptism... it was my last day of class. But sounds like it went well & had a great turn out :) Fun fun!
Congrats to Josh! What fun celebrations. (And my pictures always seem blurry/grainy when I haven't charged my batteries soon enough).
Congratulations to Josh and to you and Shawn for raising such a great kid. I love the memory book that they make that is cool.
Seriously...he wanted a vacuum? He can come visit me anytime. Wait, does he do windows, too?
Well it seems like everyone is wanting Joshie to visit (with his present of course) lol I can't believe he wanted a vacuum...but then again...what a funny kid! It was definitely a great day...thanx for including our fam! Was great to see you guys and be part of something so special! :)
Post a Comment