12.18.2009

Snowmen nativity

The snow was falling, the kids were playing in the nice warm house and mom was itching it get outside to build a snowman! After I finally convinced the kids to come out with me, we started to build our snowman. Once the bottom snowball got too heavy for the kids, mom took it over and got it into position in the front yard. For any of you driving by at the time, I hope it was entertaining. Never realized what problems we could run into putting our Christmas decorations on the edge of the driveway! The kids got the other parts rolled and then took off. Once I got the snowman all put together I went and found Emily (Josh had gone inside) She was busy making another snowman on the side of the house, I convinced her to put it next to the other snowman and we successfully got it moved over. Then Wesley wanted me to help him make a small snowman for him. I came outside expecting to make one snowman not a family of snowman! Little did I know I would be building yet another one too. Wesley was moving the snow around and trying to make it flat, when I asked him what he was doing he said he was trying to make the manger! What a cute idea. So I told him to grab a bunch of little sticks and that I would build a baby snow Jesus. I think it turned out really cute! Although this picture you cant see the little tiny snowman!
My kids proudly sitting in front of their snowmen nativity scene. I've always wanted a big nativity to put in my front yard...now I can have one every year. That is, if there is enough snow each year!
May your Christmas holiday be filled with the true reason for the season!
God Bless!

No comments: