The day after Josh's b-day he signed off his bobcat for cub scouts. He was able to receive his badge in Pack meeting a few weeks ago.
It was very fun being on that side of cub scouts, as you can tell I'm actually one of the leaders (the not so fun side of cub scouts). See my hair flower....trying to keep it girly. It's hard with that styling shirt we get to wear!
So this pack meeting was a pretty fun one. We had a couple come who put on a bird show for a few of the packs in the stake. It was really cool.
They had the birds fly over the crowd and it was funny to see the crowd duck as the birds would fly over head. The guy would just giggle and tell us that the birds like flying low, so if you duck down the birds are only going to fly lower. It was so true...it was hilarious to watch. But you couldn't help it! When I see a bird flying right at me, I see those talons...yeah, I'm going to duck!
Speaking of birds flying right at you. During one part of the show they asked for a volunteer and all the boys' hands went up in the air along with a few of them jumping up and down hoping to be the one to get picked. Although the guy looked right at me and said thank you for volunteering, come on up. So after I checked that he was indeed talking to me and not the kids surrounding me, I set down my camera and started to go up and he said..."Oh, you'll want to bring your camera!" So he sat me down in front of the audience, the bird was at the back and he told me to go ahead and take a picture as the bird was flying right at me. He stood behind me and stuck his arm just above my head. So my camera was ready the bird started to fly and I hit the shutter button and nothing...it didn't click like it usually does with a picture! I thought that my camera didn't take the picture. Sometimes this camera doesn't want to take a picture of the things I want to take a picture of, to which I end up arguing with my camera until it finally takes the picture and then most of the time the moment has past and the picture is blurry. Gggrrrr! But NOW....right here, in front of everyone...how embarrassing! Although when I looked closer I realized I was on the movie setting...enjoy!
Too fun! Good times in cub scouts!
1 comment:
That is so awesome! You got some really great shots, especially with the bird in motion. What a great experience!
Post a Comment