Shawn and I have been married for 8 years but we've known each other for 12 years. We met in 1996 while we were working at USANA. I noticed this new kid with blond hair (yes it was blond) singing along with the radio one day. He wasn't just quietly singing to himself either, I was probably 10-15 feet away when I heard him! I thought, good for him, someone with a little self confidence and a great voice too. Not long afterward I was at lunch sitting with a group of friends and we were being silly and laughing at some unfortunate last names we've stumbled upon. We were laughing pretty hard at each new name mentioned. Then I had a brilliant name to add, it was someone I had recently met, and his last name was Crabtree..."Oh my gosh," I laughed. "How horrible would THAT be!?" Suddenly I got about 5 swift kicks from under the table and people pointing to the person sitting directly behind me...it was Shawn. "What?" I whispered back. They looked horrified..."don't you know his name?" Nope. So later that day I walked up to my boss and found out not only what his WHOLE name was but that he was also her little brother! Oops! (BTW, He told me later that he married me to get back at me for laughing at his last name!) Shawn started working in the department next to mine and would often come over and visit with us. One day as he was walking away from a quick visit, my co-worker leaned over to me and said, "you know he really likes you!" *double take* "WHAT? Stop messing around with me!" To which I got 3 shocked expressions looking at me, then..."you've got to be kidding, you haven't noticed!?" So they explained that every time he came over to our department he always would visit the area I was working at the time. Nope, I hadn't caught that, (I'm really not that observant anyway!) but I was sure it was just a coincidence. So my friend challenged me to find out for sure. She told me that every day at lunch he would say bye to us (me) as we would walk through his area. So I told her the deal was on and a few hours later it was lunch time. I started to walk toward his department and I smiled to myself because I could see that Shawn was at the opposite end of the room. I had won, there was no way he was going to say anything to me unless he yelled it! At that same time Shawn looked up from his computer and noticed that we were leaving for lunch... and then, to my absolute shock (and delight), off he went. There was a huge shelving rack of product in between him and the door we needed to go through, the only thing I could see was his feet, RUNNING the distance of the entire rack. I watched his feet stop just before he came to the end of the rack, and he stood there nonchalantly rearranging product on the shelf. As I walked passed he looked over at ME, smiled and simply said, Bye! ...And four years later we were married! I love that story, it's my favorite one and it's true!I have so much to thank Shawn for that it would take too long to explain, so I think I'll just list the top ten: (in no particular order!)
1. First of all, for sticking with it and marrying me...I sure got a good deal out of it!2. Teaching me how to be a better person
3. Being incredibly patient with me.
4. An amazing Father
5. Great with math
6. Great with computers
7. Beautiful singing voice
8. Strong in the gospel
9. Honoring the Priesthood
10. And for being my best friend. I love you!
Thanks,
4 comments:
He is pretty amazing. You both are. Love you guys!
Hah! I've still got you fooled after all these years!
Thanks, I love you too!
MFEO. I don't think I've ever heard that story... or maybe I was too young & crazy to really have a conversation. :) Anyway, that's way cute!
I'm with Kelly, I don't think I ever heard how you two really met. I'm glad you wrote it out. So Tiffany was your boss? That's funny. What a great story. That's such an exciting part of a relationship (does he like me? is he looking at me? is he going to the party? was he flirting with me or just being friendly?) I love it.
Post a Comment