11.03.2008

Backroads Photography website

For the past few months Shawn has been working on a website for a friend of ours, well it's finally up and running. Some of my close family will know Jason Z. For those of you who don't, he was my brother's mission trainer and now a good friend of the family. He has been interested in photography as long as I have known him and finally has turned his hobby into something more professional...Backroads Photography. He and his pictures are amazing! I walked into his home earlier this year and complimented him on this HUGE matted artwork (title: Nobody Home) on his living room wall and his reply was, "thanks, that's my photo!" He then told me the story behind it. He was in a hurry as he was driving one day but when he saw this scene he had to stop and take a picture. But because he was pressed for time he only got one shot...and this was it. Now this isn't my favorite picture...there are just too many good ones to choose from.

I've loved watching the site progress and playing around with some of it's features. My favorite link and the one Shawn spent a lot of time developing is called "Alphabetography." My kids love putting their names together and picking whichever style of letter they choose. Josh likes to make his name with that nasty caterpillar! There is also an option to add a personal photo to the alphabetography which I though was very cleaver indeed. I love Jason's ability to capture the candid personal photo's as well as his family portraits. In fact there is a few sample pictures of families and my brother Hazen is one of them!

Now Shawn can't take all the credit for this website, Jason has computer skills of his own, he created the entire layout and design, Shawn only made it function. (I say only like it's easy to do...not). The links and the buttons as well as the behind the scenes data bases to store the pictures are all things that had to be created in that weird code language thing. For example when you place your mouse over a picture and a widow opens enlarging it...Shawn created that.

Well I wanted to both show off my husbands skills as well as create some traffic for Jason's amazing site. BTW there is a contest going on right now if you leave a comment on Jason's blog and reference his site then you could win a matted photo. Because I'm affiliated with the back end programmer (ha ha! Shawn told me he hates the term 'BACK END' so I have to use it now, just for the laughs) I don't feel like I should participate in the contest...as Jason well knows "back end" work (chuckle!!) doesn't come cheep! But my brother Rich is already in the contest...and you can be too! Just go make a comment. And if you or someone you know need some "back end" work (giggle, giggle!) then send them our way!

Smiles.

2 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

LOL...words fail me.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I totally want to play along. I thought the caterpillars were great!