Mom is so MEAN...she is the meanest one in the neighborhood. She took her almost 8 year old daughter (who has been refusing to ride her bike with two wheels, even though she has had moments last year when she did it just fine) and forced her to practice. Like I said sooooo MEAN.
We all decided to go on a bike ride together, the boys went and got on their bikes, Mily went to grab her scooter. But mom just stood there shaking her head and holding up her real bike. I actually told her we were just going to practice before we headed on the bike ride. But she was doing so good that mom decided that she was going to practice the whole way, while the boys rode on ahead. Mily and mom got pretty frustrated there was a wee bit of crying due to the wee bit of yelling that was going on. "You know what, you just need to try and not give up! Just have faith that you can do it (you've done it before!!)." {Hey, I said I was mean!} Well we got all the way to the church parking lot, mom figured we would try for a few minutes, Dad could try for another few minutes and we would probably walk frustratedly home together. As soon as we got to the parking lot, it was as if someone had hit a switch. Mily took off biking super fast and I was RUNNING after her begging her to slow down and be careful! She screamed at me to let go of her and as I'm still running and yelling at her to stop she actually told me NO! I finally had to turn around and not watch, I just couldn't watch her fall and get hurt. Finally I screamed for her dad to go help her. After a few minutes he came back over to me and said, she's fine! The one who needed the faith quickly changed to her mom. At some point I finally got comfortable enough to watch her and even snap a few pictures with my cell phone!
Way to go Mily!!! I'm so proud of you! Now she wants to go on bike rides all the time!
WaHoo!!! Now Wesley is next to learn to two-wheel it!



3 comments:
Yay, Mily! Joining the ranks of the two-wheeled!
She looks great!
yay MIly!!!!
Post a Comment