1.19.2011

Unexpected

I recently re-watched the movie Finding Forrester. The main character (William Forrester, played by Sean Connery) said that the best way to show someone you care for them, is an unexpected gift, at an unexpected time....He was so right.

I have the best cousin in the world. Just look at what Wendy did for me!
I had just got done telling my husband how great the year 2012 looks. Not that 2011 is going to be bad in anyway, it just has a potential to be hard. So here it is, the Christmas holidays are behind us, we rang in the new year and my focus is just trying to get through each day. I decided I need to take a deep breath, keep my head low, and plow through this year as fast as I can. That's when I got an unexpected package in the mail.

Now, you probably need to know that I collect crab's...cute crabs! Wendy obviously knows this, she was shopping one day and found a darling little baby bib. She said she thought of me when she found it and wanted to do something nice for me! So she bought it and turned it into a hot pad with all her skillzz...then mailed it to me! Don't I feel loved!?!

Although because it has a crab on it, I promptly hung them up along with my collection...can't risk them catching fire!
(I recently put my crab collection together for cub scouts, so I thought I'd take a pictures since they are usually scattered throughout the house.)
Unexpected gift, unexpected time! Yet, PERFECT gift, PERFECT time! ~ Thanks Wendy, you are heaven sent!

My challenge for you in the year 2011, is to find an unexpected gift and give it at an unexpected time...see what happens!


1 comment:

Kelly Jean said...

Wow, that's the best! What a sweet tender mercy :) I love your crabb collection, by the way! So fun!!

And WHAT!?! Sawyer was in Park City??! AHH!!!! I think I'd faint if I saw him. Or just stare at him for a ridiculous amount of time. That is so awesome!!!