1.20.2011

Baby it's cold outside!

Bitter-bitter cold. -- Darn January.

My kids are more than welcome to go outside BUT they have to have their snow pants, snow shoes, scarf, coat, gloves and extra hat in order to do it! So going outside is a pretty big deal. It takes probably a good 5 minutes of just getting dressed and then my kids will spend between 30-45 minutes outside during the winter, and from what I hear that's a good amount of time. But what can I say they love the snow, and when you are bundled up like THAT, it takes a while for the cold to penetrate!

I think it's funny that the kids like to play with the snow shovels in the back yard. Rusty really wanted to go on the sled, and since our yard is FLAT, Joshie ended up pulling him all over the yard, such a good big brother!He even pulled Wesley for a while too. Then Josh sat there and let the kids throw snowballs at him and he would fall down every time they would hit him. That lasted for quite a while, until one snowball hit him directly in the face. He came in laughing, wanting me to see where they boys 'got him,' he's such a trooper. Although with the direct contact with the snow, he quickly realized how cold he was. A little later it was Mily's turn to enjoy the snow. Mily got past me without the full inspections, she is missing an extra hat and gloves...daddy to the rescue.Although the kids complained about dad getting to go outside without even a jacket on. I told them, I was THEIR mother, not his. Although I would love to get that guy to wear more than a jacket in the winter! [shrug] Whatcha gunna do?
Again with the shoveling! ☺
Although this is the fun part!!!Those adorable rosy cheeks!
Ouch! I remember those.
The only bad part to having four kids go outside in the snow wearing EVERY piece of warm clothing they own, is the HUGE pile of wet clothes at the back door when they are done. Does anyone have a trick to taking care of that?

1 comment:

Tiffany McAlister said...

Ha-Ha! I love the shovels in the back yard! we have a storage bucket in the closet full of hats and gloves, but I noticed this year that we were lacking BIG gloves, you know...with matches! (I had to do some buying this year!) I don't know of a trick to the wet clothes...sadly...