1.24.2011

Shout Hooray!

It is your birthday shout hooray,
we want to sing to you today.
One year older and wiser too,
Happy birthday, to RUSTY!

My baby turned 3 recently! Can you believe it? THREE! He woke up that morning, rubbed the sleep from his eyes, opened his door, toddled out into the hallway towards the stairs and saw the huge happy birthday banner hung above the stair way! he started SCREAMING! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY...IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! ...too cute!
He was so excited about his presents...he was a little put off when dad said he couldn't open them until after work!  Rude!  A few of those gifts are dollar store and clothes...but he loved them anyway!
Always...always need a helium bouquet!  Although always....always is a pain in the butt to get them...what is the trick?
 Guess who Rusty picked for his theme...
 AGAIN!  (that's who he picked last year too!)

 Rusty has been big into helping whatever mom is doing (fun), so I made him bake his own birthday cake.
 

He is a pro when it comes to cracking the eggs, usually he never gets any shell in them at all.  Well wouldn't you know it, I decided to take a video of his egg breaking skillzz and then he dumps have the shell into the batter!  Go figure.  I didn't try and upload the video...it usually doesn't work when I try.
 




Of course when you make the cake you also have first dibs to lick the spoon!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the kids got home from school we headed over to the local rec center for some long needed pool time.  The kids LOVED it and was sad to leave after two hours.
Rusty chose musical McDonald's for his birthday dinner, I didn't get to go to that since Joshua started throwing up after he got out of the pool.   I keep telling him it's not smart to swallow the pool water...It was an accident!

The rest of the family got home and went immediately went over to the pile o' presents. Rusty is to the fast ripping and tearing stage, which is always fun to watch.
Here is one of his cute presents!  (again, after Halloween sale!)
 
And yes, we bought him a pink tent.  But hello DORA!  He is obsessed with Dora and boots, won't have much to do with Diego.  Shawn and I were in the store debating between a sponge bob and Dora tent, we decided color really doesn't matter...yet!
Chowing down on the good stuff.  This is the most important part of the day...apparently.  Getting to blow out those candles and eat cake.  He has told multiple people about his birthday and the story of the candles and cake come up every time!
Well, Happy Birthday Russell...we sure love you!  or as grandma S. would say:

Love-a-love-a-love YOU!   (BTW I'm not allowed to say this phrase...apparently only grandma has rights to this one...just thought I'd let you know!)




This is my first time creating a post using draft something-rather...It'll take me a while to work out the kinks...like why my preview doesn't work...darn!  And why when I press center it doesn't center what I wanted just a random paragraph at the end of the post???   Strange

4 comments:

Tiffany McAlister said...

He's so freakin' adorable! (FYI, Grandma C used to say "I'm a love-a-love-a-you!"...that's so close it's a little creepy, eh?

Is it too late for the slacker McAlister Family to bring a gift? (The first ones of the year aren't ever as coordinated as the ones that come later, AFTER I've reorganized all my calenders!)

Teachinfourth said...

That last shot is awesome!

Happy Birthing Day to you, Rhoda...

Milk Maid to Milk Cow said...

I don't do the traditional balloon bouquets anymore. What I do is get all Mylar balloons. One for each kid in the family. I can do this the day before or 2 days before then I hide them until the birthday. This is a little more expensive but I don't feel like I'm wasting my money cause they usually last a long time. So the birthday kid gets them on their birthday, then chooses their favorite and then each of the other kids gets to have one. Days and days of playing time without the fighting of "it's my balloon" works for us!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great time! Happy bday Rusty!

Is that the Lehi pool or is there one with slides closer? I would love to take Aiden.

Super cute new family pics!