12.08.2010

Gum drops update!

You know how I was so proud of my gum drop lights in the front of the house? And how we decided to not turn them on (officially) until after Thanksgiving weekend?
We had so many neighbors tell us that they were anxiously waiting for us to turn on our Christmas lights....Well wouldn't you know it we got back from visiting Idaho and this is what we came back too.
I tried to dig out around the milk jugs...the best I could do, trying to remember where they were. But even still the snow on the rest of the lawn was too tall, you couldn't see anything for the road! SO SAD!You can see the snow came up to my knees!
Although in the back yard it was only about 5-6 inches...so I decided that I needed to make a snow angel...the kids couldn't believe mom had gone and made a snow angel, they all had to come outside and witness it for themselves!Just in the past few days the snow has melted some and Shawn went out and dug them out better, so that 90% of it can be seen from the road. I would have just laugh/cried if the snow just covers them through the whole Christmas season.

3 comments:

Tiffany McAlister said...

Oh my gosh...I'd be so mad! :D And I love doing things that the kids don't expect! Anytime I head outside with them, and jump on my bike they just think it's the funniest thing in the world. I can picture your kids when they saw you making a snow angel...Ha-ha! How funny!

Kelly Jean said...

Oh, bummer!! Buckets & buckets of boiling water (then you'd have an ice-skating rink too!) ;)

Teachinfourth said...

Wouldn't the surreal glow from under the snow be captivating though?