12.16.2010

Celebration of...

the anniversary of your natal day!

Josh recently had a birthday....it falls right in the middle of the Christmas season. We have a few rules about Josh's birthday, 1. No Christmas wrapping paper on birthday presents! 2. No Christmas items for presents (unless it's a video or book--no elves, reindeer or snowmen!) 3. Birthday decorations replace Christmas ones (just for the day!--Sometimes they even go on top of the Christmas decorations! i.e. tree) and 4. No Christmas presents under the tree until after Josh's birthday. If there are any Christmas presents under there...Josh gets to open them on his b-day! Can you tell I've had friends with birthdays around Christmas? Trying to make sure it's always a great b-day...even if it's right next to a big holiday!Josh had a great b-day. Some of his favorite presents were:

A BEAR book. He has officially moved out of Mom's den...and he's SO excited about that.Finally a baseball glove that fit's! (Aunt Verlene bought it back in February, but I misplaced it and recently found it...perfect timing!)I'm getting so frustrate with my new little point and shoot. No kidding, more than HALF the pictures are ALWAYS blurry. No matter what I do. And Josh is sick and tired of it! Because he knows that he will have to re-pose for a picture if I realize it was blurry. Although I might get this face if I ask him to re-pose too much!This is one of our favorite shirts! Of course Grandma, Aunt Jennie, Heather and Uncle Cody found it! Too funny! He said he got a few laughs from his friends at school, especially from the kids who know him pretty good!

The very last present had a can of re-fried beans (which he hates!) and a clue to his real present. He ended up on a LONG quest...thankfully Emily was there to help decode all the clues! Sheesh that girl is quick, although if we'd been able to give Josh a few more minutes I'm sure he would have had them figured out too!In this clue he was told to look out his window and look for a place to put things. After he looked for a while, Emily finally yelled out THE SHED! And this one...he didn't see his favorite drink with the next clue! We all had a good giggle about that one!Finally all the clues let him to the down stairs, bedroom closet! He was excited to start playing with his new toy!Luckily we had extra guests to help share Josh's birthday cake...we only have a few pieces of cake left, instead of half the cake (that usually gets tossed!)Next goal, Josh's b-day party. After Emily's party took so much time and effort planning...not to mention the ton of prep cleaning and post cleaning, I was pushing for a b-day party somewhere else. Classic Skating, here we come! I had everything ready and set aside a few hours before the party, we got there, I pulled out my camera with full batteries only to find out that I forgot the MEMORY CARD! OH my Gosh! So I only got a few pictures with my phone (Darn it!) Josh was only allowed to invite a few friends and we went on the two dollar Tuesday! (I know, I am so cheap!) But the kids had lots of fun skating, playing laser tag, playing in the arcade, eating pizza and opening presents! That Brandon is amazing, Josh would pick up a present to open and Brandon would guess what it was and he was right 100% of the time! Amazing I tell you! Made us all laugh! I'd be getting pretty creative with my Christmas presents if I were his mom...maybe I'll call her and give her a little tip!
Crazy boys! Half of these boys are in my den so I am very well aware of their personalities, Shawn however was laughing all night at their little antics! What a fun time!

Happy Birthday Josh! Sure love you.



The sentence at the beginning, may seem a little strange, that's because it's a quote! Grandpa would often wish someone a happy birthday by saying that he wishes them a "happy celebration of the anniversary of your natal day!" and sometimes that greeting would be accompanied by a note from Andrew, Ulysses or Benjamin! Gosh I love grandpa. I think of him along with Josh's b-day because his funeral was on the same day two years ago. [We sure miss you grandpa!]

1 comment:

Tiffany McAlister said...

Happy Birthday to Josh! We totally have a present for him...We need to come by.

I L-O-V-E!! your new family pictures!!! The one you have posted here is fantastic! Where did you do them? And that one of your kids is ADORABLE. Seriously. Almost makes me want to go get some done. Almost.