12.13.2010

Thanks

So it's been 3 weeks since Thanksgiving...that's about the usual time it takes me to report on a holiday right? Usually I write these posts so that my extended family can stay in the loop and see what we've been up to, but since quite a few of them are in this post, I guess it's for my other readers (all three of you!) I'm just going to throw out some bits and pieces of the weekend.
Well, we had a great time this year. We drove up to Idaho Thursday morning and the first thing my kids did when they got through the front door was asked for Uncle Bear, they wanted to play video games with him! That poor guy had every niece and nephew at some point fighting for his attention, and he was nice and patient enough to give all of them his attention!
I thought that it was funny that the kids all wanted to sit in the living room for Thanksgiving...something out of the norm.

A.D.E.
After Dinner Entertainment
(in Idaho!)

Playing School. Kids playing on the stairs. Steep, narrow...just like the luge...I remember! Bears wheel chair...better than an amusement park! Chilling out, playing or watching video games! Comparing Grandpa to Ryan...who is 14! I always felt grandpa was so tall, at his tall 6.3, but yeah, that kid has still a FEW growing years left, any guesses which NBA team he'll be playing for?Putting together our Turkey Cookies! I found this cute idea of my friends blog.tutorial hereMily is so proud of her workThe finished product. So cute and easy.Gobble-gobble
Christmas Party
2010
We moved up our family Christmas party since we were all here anyway...My Brother Richard and his family were hosting the party this year and did a great job putting it together. I was in charge of it last year and so happy to not have to deal with all of the stress again. We played a few games from the show, a minute to win it....I'd never seen the show so the games were all new to me!
We had a blast. Pencil elevators!So sister posted this picture on FB...her caption, "after all these years we can still embarrass my dad!
They hooked a yo-yo to my back belt loop then made us try and tip over the empty tin cans with it...not as easy as it seems!Trying to wiggle a cookie down into your mouth.
Hahaha, Thanks for the laughes, we had a fun time in Idaho!

1 comment:

Doug & April said...

Those games are so fun!

Looks like you guys had a blast!