3.30.2010

We "Discovered" St. Patty's day...again.

Well they did it again! They had a free day again this year on St. Patrick's day and this time my camera had enough batteries to capture the whole live-long day...all five hours of it!

Discovery Gateway Museum is one of the funnest places for kids. Too bad it is extremely expensive (well you know besides Disney land...which I've never been) and so my kids and I have only been to this museum when they host this free day. There are TONS of people who come, but I think it's worth fighting the crowds and we really enjoy it. This year we brought my SIL Tiffany and our cousins with us. Double fun!
As you can see, yes, there are tons of people and they are all wearing green. Probably not the best day to stick hundreds of small children together....when they are all wearing the same color!The water area where Rusty could have spent the whole 5 hours...he was pretty wet after I finally pried him away.Going to the grocery store and getting a kiss from our cousin!

Making music while we wait to find everyone so we can head off for lunch!

Over at the fountain eating lunch. The kids who decided to ignore mom(s) warnings about staying out of the fountain. And who were such a bad example for the little one! I looked up and saw Rusty dead center in the fountain. I ran over to the edge (not willing to get in there myself...it's cold!) and tried to convince him to come out. Of course I was taking pictures the whole time so I'm pretty sure that was encouraging him to stay in! He was running around like crazy and the water was just barely missing him. He'd run right over the fountain heads and a half second later they would be spraying!From behind me I hear my sister telling two of her kids to run in there and get Rusty out of the fountain. Sydney is in the pink plaid coming in from the front and Tory is coming from the side, they were trying to heard him out.But Syd decided to just scoop him up and run with him. I had to laugh because Tory got a direct hit from the fountain...he was not expecting it, so it was great fun to watch. {Thanks for saving my child when I wasn't willing to!}Back to the museum, this time to the top floor. First stop....put on a play!Then over to the cameras. The kids enjoy seeing themselves on TV.All except for the little one, it was his nap and he would have been better off having an interview with his stuffed animals on his bed.The next station was doing the weather. If you will please note that Emily shirt is a direct match to the green screen behind her. It was pretty funny to see her on the TV...her shirt would disappear!You can't really tell, but I tried to get a picture of the TV where her torso would disappear into the screen. It was especially funny when they would play a movie behind her.The air chambers. Hours and hours of fun, throwing garbage into the chambers and watching them blow up into the air!And last but not least, the Life Flight Helicopter. It was quite a long line, but well worth the wait, the kids had such a great time playing in a real live helicopter.To be honest the only time besides this that I want my kids to be apart of Life Flight would be if they were the ones on the serving end. Lets hope that is the case!The Helicopter is loud, there is a recording of a helicopter starting up, so the kids can get the full experience....it's great fun.
So when all is said and done, it was a great day. Especially since they validate and so it only cost $2 to park for the whole day! Yeah! Till next year then.

3 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Oh, how fun!!! I wish I would've known, I walk around the Gateway everyday at lunch! And my friend works at the Children's Museum - it's so fun! Makes me want to be a kid again :)

Unknown said...

The museum was just pure craziness wasn't it. But hey, you can't beat free. I saw so many people I knew there. So funny, like a little reunion.

Jill said...

So jealous!! We headed down there the other day until we found out how much they charge! I'll have to look for the free days coming up, and maybe we'll see you there!