Last Friday we got a knock on the door, it was a neighbor kid who was handing out fliers. She handed Mily a paper and then ran down the steps. Mily glanced down at the paper in her hand and a squeal immediately escaped her lips. She was almost shaking as she ran to show me the contents of this mysterious paper. I looked at the hot pink card stock and in black writing it said: Daddy Daughter Princess Ball, Daddies treat your daughters to an evening fit for royalty! Reading a little closer it turns out it is a fundraiser for a local high school drill team. What a cute idea! When Shawn got home from work he basically was informed that he would be taking her to this...and we didn't dare say otherwise. I looked a little closer at the date and time and was shocked when I realized it was the very next day. Good thing we didn't have any plans! All day long Mily would break into a little jig with song: "I can't believe I'm going to the ball tonight!" She kept giggling every time I would say something about her "date" that night. Mom and Mily spent a little over an hour turning her into a princess, dad took all about 15 minutes to turn into a dashing Daddy escort. It was the cutest thing to watch, when Mily was finally ready to go, we walked down the hallway to the stairs and looked down and there was Mily's 'date' waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs. "cue the tears!"
She looked and felt like a princess! Her date even stole a kiss before they had even left.
He was very much the gentlemen and even helped her get on her coat!
Shawn said it was like a typical school dance.... and there were little princesses a plenty

They danced the night away and even have the pictures to prove it!
What a cute idea to have a photo booth take the "dance" pictures! Sweet!
Although I'm feeling a little jealous, I think I need to take my husband out on a date...he's quite the catch!

4 comments:
That is such a cute idea. Looks like lots of fun. I am sure it is a night she will always remember! What a great memory for both of them, well I guess the whole family will remember it huh? LOL! Glad they got to go.
Oh my gosh, CUTE!!!! That is so adorable! I love it!!
What a good sport! (But I'm secretly glad that little girl didn't stop by my doorstep - I needed Jeremy here to help me clean bathrooms... isn't that when you're supposed to ditch and go to a ball??)
How cute is that?!?! That is such a fun idea!
Post a Comment