Well it's actually Rusty's pet he got it for Christmas this year. This is the kind of pet I love. It doesn't leave nasty surprises around the house it doesn't make noise at 3 am and there is no cost to maintain him. Although I am rather curious to know who he was waiting for to come through that door. He usually doesn't do that!
I probably already told you this, but it's not that I hate animals...in fact I grew up with plenty of pets. I had lots of cats, several dogs (Angel was my favorite) we also had ducks, chickens ( I rather enjoyed gathering the eggs, it was like a Easter egg hunt every day, except that the chickens would try to peck me), sheep, goats and cows. I remember vividly helping to milk, feed and take care of the cows....even shoveling manure. Ironically now that were are all grown up with lives of our own, only one of my siblings has a pet, it's a little dog and she just got it a month ago....no one else who grew up on our farm has a pet! Glad I had that experience growing up but for now I'm very content with letting my kids play with all my in-laws pets. You know, once they get over their fear of animals. We also enjoy the occasional visit back to my home in Idaho, which has once again turned into a farm with sheep, alpacas and their trusty dog. My kids even help out with the chores there. That's good enough for me!

2 comments:
You've actually "gathered eggs"??? I used to pretend to do that ALL the time growing up, haha! You're so lucky.
I'm with you on having pets in your home... not that they're not cute, but is it really worth all the hair everywhere? all the cleaning up after them? all the taking care of them?
If we have to take care of something, we'd much rather have babies than pets at our house.
Post a Comment