...that I love you.
As soon as I got my Valentine decorations out (side note ♪ I need MORE V-day deco....I only have ONE box full!!!) my kids were very excited after I pulled our secret service hearts out of the box. Every year around valentines we do a secret service project for members of our family. We had the hearts sitting on the piano and hadn't even introduce it during Family Home Evening before the kids starting snatching the hearts out to go do their secret service. ...they certainly didn't needed introdcutions or anyone to tell them what needed to be done!
During FHE we decided to set a goal. We want to empty out the entire Jar-O-Hearts and then replace them doing secret service each week. Here are some of the places that we have found our service hearts so far this week.
The kids are in charge of setting the table, unloading and loading the dishwasher. When Josh went to unload the dishes he found a heart!
Rusty found one in his nicely cleaned room. All his toys had been put away.
Mily found one on her bed! Which is where she usually finds it, since she rarely makes her own bed!
Wesley found one in his sink! All the yucky toothpaste had been washed out, which is one of the few chores that MUST be done in order to let friends come over or in order to be allowed to go to their friends house.
And then Mom walked into the Laundry room and found a heart on her folding counter....someone put away all of the folded laundry. I have no idea when they had the chance to do that, but I have an idea who it was....just cause the grown ups make sure the clothes are still folded when they get put into drawers! But I love my little helpers!

7 comments:
GREAT idea!!!! That sounds so very fun, and such a great lesson!!! It makes you feel good to do service, as well as be the receiver. Thank you for sharing such a fun holiday tradition! ;-)
I LOVE this idea! I think I will steal this tradition.
OK - I love the idea too! Where did you find your cute hearts?
Oh my gosh! I love this!! I'm going to go read it again :)
i do this in my classroom but never at home what a great idea, did you make the hearts? I can't believe you only have a few followers your blog is so cute, I love it.
Wow, thanks guys! It's a fun tradition, we like it! I actually got the hearts from Wal-Mart. They are in the craft section and are actually stickers, I just stick them to each other so they are a little bigger. I'm sure you can use whatever you think up!
I showed your idea to a friend and she said, "I have those hearts, they're from WalMart." So I went and bought some and although it's only Doug and I, we are stealing your heart tradition :)
Post a Comment