8.20.2009

Proclamation Ensign article‏

Here is the email I just sent out to my family and friends there is an article in the September Ensign about a Proclamation book:


This is a pretty cool idea! It's a book you make, the text is the Proclamation on the family and the pictures are of YOUR family! I've looked at it and it is very cute. I bought the design for $1 several months ago, but I haven't had time to actually put the book together because only a few weeks after I got it, we started getting ready to moved. Also the more I thought about it, the more I want to wait until my youngest is a little older and looks like who he's going to look like...you know? Anyway it would make an excellent Christmas present for grandma and grandpa with all theirs kids and grandchildren. No pressure....especially if it's not something you think you'll do. I just thought it might be something you might enjoy in your home.

This is the email I received from Jill Means, the one who designed the book:

For those who have expressed interest and support for the template I created for the Proclamation on the Family... My friend Ann Kerr was the first one who created a Family Proclamation Book and the one who inspired and supported me in creating my template. She wrote an article about it and it was published in this month's Ensign! [September Issue page 71]. For those who have made the book already you know what a great idea it is and how it can be a great way to have the Family Proclamation in your home and teach the values it holds. Even people of other faiths recognize the power of sharing your beliefs accompanied by your own family photos and stories. For those who want to make one... My Family Proclamation Template is available for as little as $1 for Photoshop/PSE users and *free through Heritage Makers' online "drag and drop" system. Printing not included.

See my website http://www.legacydigitaldesign.com/for more information on purchasing the Photoshop versions or creating your personal Heritage Makers' account. Email me if you have any questions! jill@legacydigitaldesign.com. If you already have a Heritage Makers' account let me know you want the Family Proclamation template and your account number and I'll send it to your account. Feel free to forward this email to anyone you think might be interested. I would love to help any one get this book made for the Holidays!

Jill Means
Legacy Digital Design

*FAQ: One of the most common questions I receive is how much it costs to get the Family Proclamation Book printed. Well... The book itself is generally 9-10 pages more than the standard page count for a book so it's generally about $10 more than normal . For an 8x8" hard bound book with a photo wrap cover it is about $40 with Shutterfly and about $45 with Heritage Makers [not including shipping]. If you use Heritage Makers' online system you must publish the book with them. Photoshop users may use any printer. It's faster and easier to create the book with Heritage Makers unless you are very Photoshop savvy.



Anyway thought I'd pass on such amazing ideas!


No comments: