Okay, here are the rules of the tag:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules.
Tell 6 things about yourself.
1. When I was younger (okay, I actually still do this!) and people would ask me how many kids are in my family...I always have to stop and count. I don't know why I never memorized it. Maybe because we were a foster family and so our numbers were always changing. But just so you know I have 7 siblings, I have 4 sisters and 3 brothers...5 sil's, 4 bil's, 10 nephews and 8 nieces and as always, I'm sure those number are going to change!
2. My senior year in high school the students staged a walk out. I think it was about a recent bill that wasn't passed, therefore a very much needed high school would not be built. I thought it sounded like a just cause (and it would get me out of class) so at 10am several of us students got up and walked out of 2nd period. Once we got outside I found out that they actually were planning on walking across town to the other high school, so I went. Crazy huh?
3. In college I had a English writing class, we had an assignment to research an organization and write up a summary of their objectives. I had picked this radical group that was predicting the end of the world...well not really, just major chaos when the clock rolled over to 01-01-00. You remember Y2K right? Anyway I decided to write an article explaining their point of view but at the same time pointing out why a more calm, reasonable approach would be more appropriate. Anyway long story short. My teacher loved it, I got a very good grade. My teacher came up to me that day and encouraged me to submit it to the newspaper, she went further and handed me contact names and numbers to try and get it published. -- What? You didn't see that article? It's because I didn't submit it....I was too scared it would get rejected. Darn, I was almost famous! Ü
4. I love making up new traditions and re-arranging old ones to fit into our family. I love finding thing to celebrate. We celebrate (and decorate) almost every holiday and birthday. (my kids really wanted to add Kwanzaa this year!) Not only do the Easter bunny, Santa and the Tooth fairy come to our house, but also the great heart and the great pumpkin do too. (It's just a small toy and a few treats at the bottom of the bed while they are sleeping!) We also celebrate our half birthdays (although I missed Shawn's a few weeks ago, bummer)...I love holidays!
5. I've never been to Disney Land...I've been to Disney World on our honeymoon, but it was kind of lame. I can see how bringing kids would make it a LOT more fun! But now that we have kids, we don't have money to take them...maybe someday.
6. Every year on the same day we take the entire family up Big Cottonwood Canyon to Moss ledge. We grab some drinks, Subway sandwiches and have a picnic at or close to the same spot where Shawn proposed to me.
Okay that's it for me! I tag whoever want to do this! I tried to think of 6 things nobody knew. . . so please try to do the same!
1 comment:
I totally remember that protest!Walking all the way to Poky... feeling like such a rebel. Ah, youth!
Post a Comment