2.20.2009

Why I like my job!

I turned on the radio to find some 'cleaning music.' Wesley didn't agree with my choice of stations and wanted me to change it back, but I told him that it was cool music and that we were going to listen to it. A few minutes later a new song came on...it was M.C. Hammer. Wesley turned to look at me with his eyebrows raised and said, "Mom, this is NOT awesome music!"


"Mom can I wear these shoes to San Diego" Emily asks me as she points to her sandals. I told her those would be very good shoes to go to the beach in, but asked her why she thought we were going to San Diego. "Oh, 'cause it's warm there!" I guess shes got some winter blues...but really, where does she come up with these random things?

Josh answers the phone and then instantly had a confused look on his face..."WHAT?" He says. "hold on a minute." then hands the phone to me and says. "it's some lady speaking Spanish." So I took the phone and the girl on the other end could be heard giggling and then in a very understandable English--but with a Spanish accent---says. "Your order from RC Willey has arrived!" When I got off the phone I told Josh she was speaking English and he looked shocked saying he didn't understand a work she'd said! Silly boy!


I saw Wesley doing what I assumed was the potty dance so I asked him to run to the bathroom real quick. He took a few obedient steps toward the door and then stopped and informed me..."I don't need to go potty mom! I'm just groovin!"

You know when you're telling the story and you accidentally mix up the first letter of two words and say them backwards? Well that was definitely the Punny Fart! Especially when it's your kids telling the story.

Emily was asked to say the prayer and so she takes a big deep breath and starts...SINGING! Now she's not just got a slight, soft melody it's a full blown Soprano/Opera...with Vibrato! ---"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this DAAAAAAAYYYY!" Needless to say by the time she was done we were rolling with laughter.

I was pounding a nail into the wall and I look over and Rusty is dancing to the beat.

The phone was ringing and Wesley sprinted past me so that he could be the one to answer it...it was a close race, but he won. He flips open my cell phone and screams into the phone..."Heavenly---"(at this point he fades off, he know he started it wrong so he tries again) "HELL-" ( he hesitates a little short, but he's determined!) "Hello? ...Oh hi Grandma!" At least it was a family member and not the Bishop...Heavenly-Hell!

I guess I'm happy with my job, I think I'll keep it a while longer!

No comments: